View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 12:04 AM   #1
Madman415
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Lightbulb Diesel Powered EZGO Workhorse

OK, I'm all about mixing up crap that one throws away and making a project out of it. I just obtained a tri-plex greens mower with a 3cyl Kubota Turbo Diesel in it. My machine shop guy says he can make a shaft for the flywheel that'll except the factory EZGO clutch. I measured everything, the engine itself will fit and the clutch will line up.

Anyway, the Kubota runs at a governed 3,200 RPM and the Robin 350cc does what it does now... lol. (I'm guessing it's more then 3,200rpm.)

Will I have enough RPM to spin the stock clutch fast enough to make it all work.
I'm not looking for speed, it's all about pulling power and sound..
I'm thinkin' that with added torque in the engine that maybe ground speed won't effect the RPM's as much as it does now. As of now, the little 350cc gets to a hill, slows to about 7-8mph (from 12mph) then revs up real hard to hold that slower speed. It does hold the speed regardless of what I'm pulling. (avg of 1k-1500#)
My brain storm with the diesel is that the RPM's may not drop as much because of the extra torque and the turbocharger.

Maybe you guys can help with the factors that I'm overlooking.

I have for parts:
Cushman Truckster complete drive train (10-bolt posi-rear)
All the Hydrolics from the mower work and are all there. (pumps, motors etc..)
2-Stroke EZGO 1988 (runs and drives)
Madman415 is offline   Reply With Quote