View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 04:47 PM   #2
Mathew1700
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Rebuilding Bad Boy Ambush 2013

Gas Engine: Pumped out the old gas. There was zero oil in the engine, added oil. Charged up the closed gas engine battery. Checked the load capacity of the gas battery it was barely in the acceptable range.

Electric side: Charged all the electric batteries. Was getting 13.6 volts on all the batteries, but when I check the load capacity on the batteries for the electric engine, only two out of four batteries were showing an acceptable load capacity. Reconditioning the batteries now. Unable to move utv in electric mode.

However there was enough battery power was that I was able to get power to the dash and gas engine. Was pleased that the gas engine stared (after 3.5 years of sitting) and I was able to go both forwards and backwards in gas mode. Course the direction selector crapped out after a few tries going backward and forward, which is a major problem with the 2013 Ambush. We tried wielding in a bracket on the Actuator Box to stabilize the Actuator, before we had turn it in for service. But obviously we still need to work on the directional actuator. Choke valve cable is frozen, trying to loosen it. Need to add fluid to both front and rear axles.

Going to recondition all the batteries, hopefully will have choke valve ready to reinstall when (IF) batteries are reconditioned.

Still trying to find a Service and Repair Manual . Now that I have 3 post thought I would start by pm members that have given out manual in the past.

Attached picture of bracket we wielded onto the actuator box 4.5 years ago to try to stabilize the actuator box. Bracket in upper left hand corner.IMG_2711.jpg
Mathew1700 is offline   Reply With Quote