View Single Post
Old 07-01-2018, 10:12 AM   #1
mtlpontiac
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default new XCT400PDS control and solenoid install but still no life

Recently purchased a new alltrax sepex control/solenoid combo thinking I fried my original control (Curtis pmc) in my 2003 EZGO 36v pds. The reason I thought I may have fried it was because I had a pretty bad arc on the positive terminal of my battery when installing a light bar (I did not have the negative terminal disconnected). After I arced in my face, I gave myself some time to cool down and I reconnected everything as it was prior to the light bar and my cart had zero life. I would turn the key and cart would not run F or R, no reverse buzzer, no solenoid click, and no light on my indash battery indicator.

I purchased the Alltrax XCT400PDS controller and 200am solenoid combo. Installed and my cart still has no life other than my battery indicator does come on now when I turn the keyswitch. Battery water levels good, batteries fully charged.

This purchase came with a 3a diode, a 6a regen diode, and a resistor. I have the small diode on the small terminals of the solenoid and the regen diode on the large terminals (this is how I perceived the instructions). Could my issue be not having the resistor on the large terminals of the solenoid? And if that is true, is it possible that I have already fried my brand new controller?

The controller itself is getting power and it is getting back to the motor. Another thing that is confusing me is that my error code light on the controller is not lighting up at all.

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
mtlpontiac is offline   Reply With Quote