Thread: Deka Batteries?
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #1
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Default Deka Batteries?

The jury is still out on whether or not I will be replacing my batteries anytime soon. The cart has been down at the campground for 3 weekends now and has performed great for the adults in the family. My son has only been down with us once and only used it for a couple of hours. I'm sure he will put it to the test soon enough and let us know how the runtime is.

Anyway, I had to get the starter repaired on his 4-wheeler this week and the shop is also the first place I would go to inquire about golf cart batteries (small town). They used to be an Interstate dealer with a big sign out front, but apparentlt that is no longer the case. While I was in there, I asked about batteries for my cart. Of course, they don't stock them, but they said they would get Deka batteries for me and they would run about $195 each for 4 12v batteries. Well, I don't want to pay that much if I don't have to, but I certainly don't want to pay that much for a brand I've never heard of.

Anyone heard of that company and have anything particularly positive or negative to say about them? My next possible source is a small cart shop down close to the campground. I don't know if they are particularly affiliated with a specific brand, as they seem to have a mix of EZ Go's and Club Cars, used and pimped out on their lot for sale. I stopped in there last year to pick up a rear view mirror for my cart. But I have never asked about batteries or prices.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote