View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 01:45 AM   #5
cwayaustx
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default re: 1996 48 volt won't run - solenoid or micro switch

I am fairly new to the buggies, been doing electrical work nearly 15 years though. I'm currently on my 3rd buggy project and personally when I have to replace a solenoid, the micro switch and diode are too cheap not to replace, unless they have obviously been replaced. My thinking could be wrong, but if your already right there and one is going bad then why not kill two birds. just my unexperienced thoughts. My second cart was an 88 ezgo, that I replaced the coils, solenoid, switch, speed control board/contactors, cables and batteries. When I mashed the throttle the cart took off wide open until I put it in nuetral. I checked and rechecked the wiring. The cart would do this 90% of the time, finally I bought another solenoid not really thinking my new one could be bad. problem solved but the runaway cart could have very easily have injured me or someone else. (it did run through the security gaurds gate and pushed it about twenty feet until it hit another permanant fence and finally stopped, thankfully only my buddy saw this) but it definately could have been BAD, just something to think about.
cwayaustx is offline   Reply With Quote