View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #10
Kal
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: I need some feedback on an air compressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobCons View Post
Either of those will run a spray gun and all the standard air tools you might use. Sandblasting is iffy, they will do it but struggle and run constantly even with a small nozzle. All I can run through mine is fine media, course media requires a larger nozzle and the compressor will not build up enough pressure to blast efficiently. If you have a Tractor Supply Company around check them. I bought a Campbell Hausfeld last year with roughly the same specs for less money from my local TSC.
I don't think I have a tractor supply around here. I'm also not fond of CH compressors. My last two were CH's and I wasn't thoroughly impressed, the current one has a tendency to overheat and it takes forever to build up air pressure. I don't plan on using a sand blaster, it's on my wish list, but I just don't have the room for it in my garage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Air drills and cut off tools are so air hungry it takes a 5-600 dollar compressor to run em .... HF has electric cut off die grinders for like $20 - It's just a thought.
Tell me about it. I may have to get one until I get the compressor. Technically I have the funds for the compressor but that would seriously deplete the cart fund.
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote