View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 01:22 PM   #3
BULL MOOSE
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Must choke EZGO Robins every time

That is a great video and was my next step! I watched it a few weeks ago.

Who knew I could buy some tools at Harbor Freight To check compression and adjust valves. I told my dad about what I leaned from watching a YouTube video and he was amazed because he knows that I never paid attention while holding the flashlight when he messed with carburateurs on old 70’s family cars.

I basically ruled out the fuel pump, hoses seem fine, air filter could be changed, drained fuel out of bottom of bowl with that little screw, and tried to star by spraying starter fluid into carb.

I watched other videos on checking spark plug firing and coil and removed an tested the plugs and can see weak yellow sparks. Coil seemed to be working. One gap is larger than the other and I can’t find the gap checker that I have not used in 15 years. I used some sand paper on plugs and reinstalled.

Cart started immediately and now even starts without the choke! Runs great! I think it could have been a combination of things, but I am ordering some new spark plugs today! Love this site and all the helpful advice.

This cart evidently is a collage of parts! It was converted from electric to gas by someone. It looks great, but it might be easier for me to just upgrade batteries every few years. I had intended to use at hunting lease each fall, but now we are just driving around the neighborhood.

Oh, and it backfires! Scares folks....lol. What causes backfiring?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 38BD2ED4-E305-4247-9B35-9C4EE126A41E.jpg (23.0 KB, 0 views)
BULL MOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote