View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 08:58 PM   #2
abertx
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: A cold beer Marathon with loads of WTF

OK, kids. Don't laugh at my welds. They're holding strong so far. The vertical "beam" is the remnant from an engine hoist. Harbor Freight, most likely, so failure is imminent.

Now the roof is off. I've recruited my 8-year old for some child labor to do a little grinding to remove the rust that was present on the supports. I had to fire him because he was about to grind through the whole thing. I'm still tickled pink that he tried and actually had fun.

More rambling......

The wife and I were in WalMart and I saw a sign. It said LED light strips for $4.83. Naturally, I bought 3 of them. There's the glow. Two USB-powered LED light strips that were 6.5' long. A few beers and a couple zip ties, and, boom, ballin' on a budget.

Well, I'm off to sand and repaint the same piece of metal 15 times because I don't have the right materials. I'll eventually get it right. Maybe. The goal is to repaint the roof supports and the roof so it doesn't look so bad. The supports were scratched all to hell and the roof was so nasty it just wouldn't come clean.

I'm figuring on a Shelby-inspired paint job; blue with white stripes.....until I get too lazy and just paint it all the same color, rattle-can, of course.
abertx is offline   Reply With Quote