View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 08:39 PM   #10
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: 72 volts all with 6 volts?

Its been OUR experiance its not the voltage that kills it (to a point) its the RPMs. I wont say volts alone will not kill a motor because I know it will, I'm just saying from mine and Muaythia's experiance its been RPM's. The RPM increase is a direct result of more voltage so I guess you could say yes...in a way. All kinds of other things come into play too....controllers, solenoids, cables, etc when playing with voltages other than stock.

I believe a low rpm torque motor with High Voltage seems to stay together longer. Example....You have a 2800 rpm motor on 36 volts.......now double your voltage (for simplicity) say its now a 5600 motor. Should be well below scatter rpm. (just sayin as an example)

Now take a 5000 rpm motor on 36 volts and then double your voltage...now your 10,000 rpms and probly gonna scatter the motor if you hold it to long at those rpm's...(if your lucky thats all you will tear up is the motor)

Keep in mind the fact that these motors were never designed to do this kind of stuff.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote