View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 08:41 AM   #5
shatteredglass
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Battery question

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD MEC View Post
#1 How have you checked batterys for percentive of charge ( digital volt meter "NOT DASH MOUNT" or single float hydrometer ) and what were your readings? It helps forum to see test results on batterys.
#2 What is the voltage of each battery ( 8 volt 4 fill holes or 12 volt 6 fill holes ) and what age are your batterys stamp should be on battery post area ( example 7-4= JULY 2004 )
#3 Does your IQ controller-speed sensor slow down your cart down when accelerator is let up?
#4 Load testing requires a special tester that most battery-golf cart shops have available, also available from places like Harbor Freight if you wish to purchase? There is a way to load test some what and that is to run cart around at full speed for a mile or so and then quickly test "each batterys" voltage ( 8 volt 8.49-12 volt 12.73 ) and then "pack" voltage ( 50.96 ) to see if one or more batterys are testing low.
Top speed on a ( stock golf cart ) is 12-14 MPH for safety on golf course.

did some checking and found a forum where the probelme was a speed sensor was told to leave cart in run and push the cart you should hear the speed sensor beep and feel drag on cart trying to slow down cart when i opush the cart nothing and when i let off the gas the cart does not slow dow like the other one i have does so buying a speed senor
shatteredglass is offline   Reply With Quote