View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 04:56 PM   #1
hawmarine
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Lithium Battery Pack

So I ended up pulling the trigger on the 54V (48V) 3200Wh Battery Pack from EV Battery. I called and talked to them before ordering. Was very hard to understand them but I had some questions in regards to the Maximum Amps the pack would put out. I have a 500AMP system, as I upgraded everything on the cart with the kit from ScottyB. The documentation on EVBattery website showed a max of 300Amp, with a sustained output of 175Amp. After talking to them, what I gathered from what I could understand, they were saying that is due to the limits of the Anderson connector being only a 175Amp connector, and #4 wire.

So I've ordered the pack with just a charger connector on it. I have since sourced #2 welding wire, some Anderson connectors rated to 600AMP, and the crimpers to put it all together. I had a hell of a time finding the Anderson connectors for sale, since you have to buy everything separately, they don't sell a whole kit. So now ill make two cables one with a male, and one with a female end, and have one cable for the distributor side hook up, and one for the battery side hook up.

I think this should get me what im looking for but im not really sure. Guess we will find out.

Link to the connectors.
http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/22/AT-CPC(1)-707509.pdf
Page 3 Dual Pole Male and Female.

Ill post more when the pack arrives, and I get it installed. Im in the middle of the overhaul, so nows as good a time as any to do it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6408.JPG (132.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6427.JPG (105.0 KB, 0 views)
hawmarine is offline   Reply With Quote