View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 09:59 AM   #6
10tontractor
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Electric solenoid vs control problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Good Grief. I should have searched for this guy's previous posts.

So he knows he has bad batteries and is replacing solenoids and resisters.

Methinks I wasted my time trying to be helpful.

What northwestfarmtn said.
Well, not quite my friend. After some questions answered concerning battery read outs.. I tested each battery (separately) and found most at 6v. Up till then, I thought 34.5 was a good read. But being imformed that that is not good enough... I went back to previous post and replied to those who were helping that I do indeed need batteries.
I tried the solenoid w/resistor because I got power up to that point before. (and didn't know batteries were the problem) false assumption.. yep!s

But your info:
At 34.5 volts, your battery pack is 90% or more discharged.
A fully charged 36V battery pack will read 38.2 volts
A fully charged 6V battery will read 6.37 Volts
A fully charged Lead Acid wet cell will have a Specific Gravity of 1.277 (was helpful)

"I'm pretty sure those tests are to be made with fully charged, or near fully charged batteries.
Charge the battery and try again." (Did that and found batt's were only charging to 34.5)

But I now have a polished bumper, pretty pink butterflies, a tight steering radius plus a v8 short block installed in the wasted golf bag compartment as a back up (just in case) I run the 6volts empty.

Other then that....

(US 2200's and all new 4ga wires with a F/R cam, on board meter and ect are on the way.

Thanks for your help farmer.
10tontractor is offline   Reply With Quote