View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 02:11 AM   #5
Jeepman13126
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New to me 65 Harley electric

Well my back is starting to feel better so I started doing some work to the cart today. All of the batteries were shot so I removed those and gave everything a good cleaning. The cart was stolen at one point and left for dead. When the thief left it stuck he pulled the forward/reverse ignition switch. I was worried that they might have taken the speed control as well, but that is still there, and hopefully it will work. I seem to be able to find almost all of the parts except the speed control. The battery tray will need to be rebuilt. The set up is supposed to be four batteries in the front with two in the back. I think at some point the rear tray became to unstable so they put all six batteries up front. I am going to rebuild the rear tray to better balance the cart and take some of the extra weight off the front tire and suspension. I need to test the motor and all the electronics, fix the Fiberglass and re-paint it, get some new seats, and turn it into the Disney Star Wars fort wilderness cruising machine, future upgrades will be led lighting front and rear, some tunes, and maybe some fancy wheels and tires if funds allow. I am thinking red and black for a paint scheme with some stars wars decals. My kid and I are big Star Wars geeks so it seems fitting. I am probably going to fabricate a canvas cover for front and rear passengers as well, something similar to the original top only bigger.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2119.jpg (227.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2120.jpg (227.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2121.jpg (225.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2123.jpg (228.6 KB, 0 views)
Jeepman13126 is offline   Reply With Quote