View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 09:29 AM   #1
somfas
Gone Wild

Default Lithium conversion basics

I plan to convert to Lithium. I have read a lot on here, but still have questions. Can you guys help me with some basics please? I have a custom 72V D&D motor with an Alltrax 500a 72500. And all upgraded other components. It seems I will need 10 leaf modules (2 cells per module, 4.17v per cell) giving 83.4v total. (seems 9 leaf modules would be 75.1v and I guess thats not enough?)

When I order the batteries, will I need to configure the connections (how they are wired together)? Do they come with any of the bus bars? Or whatever those plates are that connect the batteries to each other. If not, where do I get those?

I assume I need allthread to bolt all of the modules together and some form of a vented box for them. Any tips on that is appreciated.

I assume when I order the BMS, it will come with instructions. Will it come with the other items I have been reading about like shunts, disconnect, relays, fuses, etc,

I will also want a charger with overcharge protection. It seems the controller may somehow help with that, but I want as many failsafe measures in place as possible. Once this is built, I want it to be super safe and super hands off.

Thanks for any input on this.
somfas is offline   Reply With Quote