View Single Post
Old 03-17-2020, 07:43 AM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: 83 Columbia Par Car engine temp

Man, I have no idea other to say that they do run hot. The good news is that these motors are just about impossible to "burn" up like cars will so I don't believe there is much risk of catastrophe from an overheat. Case in point, a few years ago now my cart stopped dead in it's tracks. I checked things out on the side of the road and couldn't see anything wrong. The cart started back up and I drove away only to stop again a couple hundred feet down the road. Again, I checked things out and found no issues so off I went only for the cart to quit again after a couple of hundred feet. I figured something was overheating, ie: the coil or something. All the same, I drove the cart home albeit stopping every couple hundred feet to allow things the cool down.

After a more thorough inspection I found that my fan was disintegrated. On that trip my cart had failed about 20 times due to overheating. I replaced the fan and things have been fine since.....knocking on wood. I didn't so much as even replace the spark plug.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote