View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 12:00 PM   #1
sadiesdad
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO ST 4x4 Ignition Wiring Help

Hello All,

I would like to say I am new to this site and my knowledge of engines/functions is extremely limited, so I apologize if I use the wrong terminology. I am trying to save a trip to a mechanic to do what, I would think, could be a simple fix from someone that knows more than I do.

I am looking for assistance with setting up my ignition switch. My EZGO ST 4x4, late 90's or early 2000's model, has been in the garage for the winter and earlier this week I went to crank it and noticed that the ignition spun in its place. I was able to quickly fix the spinning problem, but while doing this, I noticed that the wires that plug into the back of the ignition have slipped off. Again, I am uneducated in this department, but I will attach pictures in hopes that it will help someone troubleshoot this. The ignition has 6 "connectors" and I have a total of 5 wires that come out towards the ignition. One wire is white, one is yellow, one is red, one is black with white stripe, and the final one is solid black but is has a blue box connected and a plug at the end. I am looking for assistance in what connector corresponds to which wire on the back of the ignition and I think that will fix my problem. Right now, when I turn the key, it does not crank or make any noise at all.

The battery is fully charged and all other maintenance is up to date on the unit. I started it a few weeks ago just make sure the battery was charged and had no issues. The lights on my vehicle are on another switch that is functional.

Is there any advice that anyone could give to help?? Details are extremely helpful for me. Pictures are attached!

Thank you in advance!

NH
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2049 (1).jpg (222.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2053 (1).jpg (192.1 KB, 0 views)
sadiesdad is offline   Reply With Quote