View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 12:51 AM   #1
klawson1
Not Yet Wild

Default Help needed for headlight and taillight wiring

OK so my 36v ezgo marathon has two 12 V headlights and two 12 V taillights that were not connected. I decided to connect them but need a little help. I noticed the previous wiring had all the positive wires from both head lights and tail lights connected together. Same for the negative wires. So all four lights are connected and reduced to two wires. One positive and one negative. The positive runs to the push pull switch, then from the switch to a 30amp in-line fuse, then to the main positive battery post. The negative wires run to one solder-less ring terminal. That ring terminal is placed on the second battery in the series for 12 volts (6x2). Now this doesn’t make sense to me because if you have 4x12v lights your going to need 48 volts right? I tried it just to see what happened and well as I thought nothing happened. Made sure the fuse was good as well. If I hook up the negative to battery 6 I’ll be getting 36 volts, will that be enough to power 4x12v lights. Maybe be a little dim? Also having it wired like this if one light bulb blows won’t the rest not work (like Christmas lights lol) any help would be appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F69E67E4-8361-4CE0-B65B-DFA16776F130.jpg (73.2 KB, 0 views)
klawson1 is offline   Reply With Quote