View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 10:40 AM   #8
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Need general "getting started" info on 96 CC...

THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS ONLY DUMB IF UNASKED. Thats how we all learn and I am told when you stop you might as well be dead????
You are correct "HP" is horse power
Your batterys are mid amp range for 8 volt batterys ( same as I use in my own cart now over 9 years old and still going good even though I have much heavier body than stock )
Manuals-I would check with forum sponsors first and then if not avaliable check forums for sale site or some thing like Ebay. On your year it may require a 1995 manual with 1996 update manual as well? I see more this way than just 1996 regular single manuals.
Charger-All same for the years from about 1995 to 2005 model CC part number 101802201. My 1996 is CC-Lester Model #17930.
Battery cables-I use a rule of thumb that seems to work out for me? Controllers from 275to 300 amps I use 4 guage. Controllers from 400 to 500 I use 2 guage. Controllers from 500 and up I use 1 guage.
Be sure to give the needed info shown in previous posts when checking on which controller and motor combo to use and then you can pick correct guage wiring to use. Dont get horse before cart so to speak?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote