View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 06:22 AM   #7
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV Shutting down for no apparent reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoede View Post
cgtech, working off your theory, I tried testing on stands but couldn't get much in the way of a voltage drop on the pack given the lack of resistance. Put it back on the road to do some testing. With a pack voltage of 50.3, if I floor it up a hill, I can get each battery to draw down to 10.5 (42 total) but only briefly, I am thinking this is pretty typical as all four batteries are showing the same behavior. Will take it around the course this week and watch the voltage a little more closely. thanks for all your assistance.
That is concerning, as the default Low Voltage Cutoff is factory set to 40V. The RXV is programmed to shut down and set an error code when it reaches 40V. So now you know why it is shutting down. You CAN replace the battery cables with 2 AWG and put in a set of new batteries. Just keep in mind, that default limit is way too high in my opinion. When I reprogram an RXV controller, I always change that limit to something more reasonable. That pretty much eliminates the issue that a lot of RXV owners have during times of high demand.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote