lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2014, 04:48 AM   #11
R8cer Ex
Yes dear

E-Z-GO

Default Re: done before

I'm liking what I see so far.
R8cer Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2014, 03:04 PM   #12
onemorebeer
Gone Wild

Little more progress, got a good used clutch from Tom at cpp. The lathe worked its magic and cut the motor down from 1 1/8 to 1 inch. used the stock mouning plate, split it down the middle and added in a few inches for the new plate. mounted from the bottom with some 1/2 inch or so to give it a added drop. The plate is now solid mounted instead of bolted. My Brother in law is the welder. He welds de-compression chambers for the navy. It is solid. the motor looks huge in there. Almost touches on the drivers side but does not. Got the body off the old cart and fit. Little bit of cutting. two inches off the bottom, and a little off the back and it fits. dropped off at painter. He said a week? Now to work on the floor shifter, and the wood floors. Racer, you don't have one of those hand made windshields laying around?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg body moc.JPG (139.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg motor mount 2.JPG (114.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg motor mount1.JPG (129.4 KB, 0 views)
onemorebeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 04:26 PM   #13
onemorebeer
Gone Wild

Little more done. I was wanting a different floor shifter. I ordered a Mr. Gasket
3 to 4 speed auto shifter off of ebay for $60. I then ordered a 10' PTO cable for $25. The shifter came with so many kinds of brakets, it even came with a screw on adaptor that fit the PTO cable. The cable is cut to fit. So now I have enough left over to make my throttle linkage. So floor shifter just under $100.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shifter.JPG (134.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cable.JPG (125.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-05-2014, 07:51 PM   #14
onemorebeer
Gone Wild

I am the worst of taking pics and updating. Lot;s have gone on. Got the side pipe on, the body back from the painter. We put vinyl down for the floors. Changed the front headlights out to LED. But ran into a snag, need some help!
When I measured clutch to clutch I did 9 5/8 inches. That worked! then i ran the motor, and the DA light clicked on. I measured the clutch compressed! I need a belt that is 1 inch, and probably 2 inches shorter? Has any one done the math? I am using stock club car clutches for this cart trying to keep the bleeding down. It has not worked so far. The wood work is coming along. Doing the dash, and the seats. Any one that can help with the belt, I will send a beer! I cant go forward any with the kohler. just way to big. Thanks,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart 1.JPG (134.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cart 2.JPG (134.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-07-2014, 05:03 PM   #15
onemorebeer
Gone Wild

let me be a little clearer if I can on the drive clutch. When I replaced it, it was compressed for shipping like the motor was running full out. I did not catch it, I measured for 9 5/8 for belt length from that. I still have a bit each way to adjust. But after running the motor, of course the clutch like it should, opened up and made my belt silly loose. So my question is how much movement does a club car drive clutch move? Or how do you really measure it? I'm hoping there is another belt made for something that will work for what I have built. I still don't have the air shocks on, I think that might help a tad, but not near what I need. I need the shocks to give me a 1/2 inch to clear the body over the rear wheels. Thanks,
Old 05-11-2014, 05:38 PM   #16
tey1967
Getting Wild

I don't know, but I love a good Caroche!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
tey1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:18 PM   #17
onemorebeer
Gone Wild

Thanks! I got the information I needed from Marathon. Im back on track. Just need a little more time.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:08 PM   #18
onemorebeer
Gone Wild

I might some day get done with this but.. change my mind as I go along. I just had to go with big tires on the back, the wheels are 12inch tires are 23"s. I thought air shocks would fit. Not so much. So with the club car leaf spring set up, old school shackles were the only way. No one makes them. And with the bends, You have to modify what you have. So back to my bro in law, and he did his magic. So now got to find some shocks. Real happy with the rake.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shack1.JPG (141.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg shack2.JPG (140.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg shack3.JPG (122.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-04-2014, 08:05 PM   #19
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

A shackled up hot rod raked Club Car Caroche? HECK YES!!!!!!

The way those big rear tires stick out of the fender wells, mixed with that rake and the flat black is PERFECT!!
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 04:59 PM   #20
onemorebeer
Gone Wild

thanks! i was off today so after the home chores, I wnet down and visted James the local Advance auto mgr. good guy, rides a harley, and loves projects, he found these shocks that fit a dodge Dakota perfect travel to fit my 12 inch mount situation. After fixing toilet, and sprinklers, went to mount to realize the spacer in the round side was wrong size and had to come out. Well not easy, got one out, after cutting, drilling, and beating. When I win the lottery and have all the tools the 2 hours would be 5 minutes. always tomorrow. but they are going on!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!