lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2010, 06:12 PM   #1
ohwhofarted
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Tunes?

So... My old body kit had holes cut in it just under the front seat for a pair of 6.5's. My new body... don't want holes in the body. I got some 6"PVC and made some tower tubes but they hit my head when I drive. Any OTHER places good enough for these 6.5's? where are YOUR speakers? Bag well is an OK spot but I'd rather not use it.
ohwhofarted is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2010, 06:20 PM   #2
ohwhofarted
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Tunes?

antenna too.... Head unit is in the driver side cubby
Old 09-23-2010, 06:40 PM   #3
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Check the site sponsors link at the top of the page. There is a new sponsor that makes speaker pods.

Mine are in boxes mounted under the seat back.... out of the way. And I can run without the roof if I choose.

Good lookin ratted out cart you have there.

Antenna? Whats that?
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:54 PM   #4
ohwhofarted
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I saw those pods but honestly I wasn't impressed. My tower cans look better and I can prolly fab some pods just as good and they would look seamless. I REALLY was a long whip antenna for the tuner and snap a dune buggy orange flag. that'd be rad!

Thanks for the complement on the cart. I was trying to go for the rat rod look but didn't quite capture what I was hoping for. NOW, that I've done one... I have other ideas. I just need to find a donor cart(s) so daddy can play. Stupid ideas make for expensive hobbies.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:45 AM   #5
THUNDERBASES
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Can you post some pictures of tower tubes you made?? Here is a pic of what I did with a pair of 6.5 component speakers. I made a pair of 5.25 speaker enclosures out of landscape drain covers and mounted to floor right below the cubby holes. You gotta a great looking cart. The 6.5 are in a box that I made. They are in between the front a back seat. I put a 8" kicker sub and amp in the bagwell. It will rock the house!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0613001916a.jpg (63.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 0613001913a.jpg (115.1 KB, 19 views)
THUNDERBASES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:02 AM   #6
ohwhofarted
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERBASES View Post
Can you post some pictures of tower tubes you made?? Here is a pic of what I did with a pair of 6.5 component speakers. I made a pair of 5.25 speaker enclosures out of landscape drain covers and mounted to floor right below the cubby holes. You gotta a great looking cart. The 6.5 are in a box that I made. They are in between the front a back seat. I put a 8" kicker sub and amp in the bagwell. It will rock the house!
that's exactly what I was thinking about doing. Not much room for 6.5's though. Not crazy about your gimble mount but hell, it works right? Mine is pretty ugly but I can hide it with the cubby door. Yeah, I'll post pics this afternoon...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO