lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-05-2015, 07:41 PM   #11
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2012 precedent Excel controller question

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
CC part number for an IQ harness is 103374901. A quick internet check shows it runs about $100
Thanks, I think in the long run If I upgrade I would have more options converting to the IQ, being I have a controller it may be worth the swap.

If I do this I'll post it so everyone thinking about this may see what I have to do to make it happen. Thanks
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-06-2015, 12:32 PM   #12
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just a quick note that Precedents, specifically the Excel has different speed codes than the old IQ.

The data below is from 2009-2011 Precedents, please note the Excel is different than IQ.

The IQDM is just a data entry tool, it does not have any control on the actual speed setting, so those numbers posted earlier must be what was available in the controllers at the time that particular IQDM manual was printed.

There are a few Excel compatible controller setups available already, and since IQ carts are no longer manufactured, is just a matter of time before that void in the Market is filled.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Precedent_Speed_Codes.jpg (80.0 KB, 0 views)
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 12:37 PM   #13
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well I wonder how that affects my 2012 If anything different?
Old 01-06-2015, 12:50 PM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would imagine the 2012 Precedent Excel should be pretty similar to the 2011 model...

My 2010 Excel was about 14mph before I hacked it, but I don't have any good long level roads to test the top speed, it will go faster than I need downhill.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:12 PM   #15
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here's my thinking, Being I have two carts and did the complete upgrade on the IQ 2008.5, I have all of the parts from it. I can spend $100 to get the 19mph speed code in what I have now or buy a $100 IQ harness & use the original IQ controller off my .08 cart that did 19.4 mph. This way hopefully by the summer, I can basically upgrade to what I have on the 08 cart. The eventual upgrade depends on a few other things I have going so until then I could get more speed and not spend much to get it. I assume they went to the Excel system for more control of the carts, features that you would want if you have a fleet, like the GPS enables system they have now and things I wouldn't want or need for personal use. Unless there are some major benefits of the excel system I'm not seeing?
Old 01-06-2015, 01:56 PM   #16
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have a 2010 Excel that is on speed code 3. Plum Quick has a motor that will get you around 25 MPH without changing anything other than the motor. Here is the thread I posted last year. At that time it was $225 exchange.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-update-l.html
55BigBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 02:00 PM   #17
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Your old IQ controller needs to have speed code 4 programmed or You need a speed magnet for the existing Excel motor to go 19mph with that IQ controller...

I think your are right about some features are likely for fleet use only, but the electronics in the controller itself are better than the old units.
The ability to control the Regen to almost 0mph is technically difficult and those resistors in series with the MCOR allow the controller to detect shorts in the wiring.

I doubt there is any major difference between the systems to convince anyone to switch from one to another and there are not many differences between the harnesses.

Edit: 55BigBlock has the best bang for your bucks idea.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:07 PM   #18
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

I sure wish I could buy an adapter rather than replace the harness, would make testing the IQ controller much easier, It does have speed code 4 in it. If I ever upgraded the regen breaking would be removed most likely anyways. The ability to detect shorts would be nice, especially if used as protection to the controller itself. I'm a pack rat, so If i did the swap, I'd keep all of the old parts and box them.
Good thing, I'm in no hurry so I can think this over a while before doing anything.
Old 03-09-2015, 02:11 PM   #19
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

I went ahead and ordered the wire harness for the IQ system, I have the stock controller with speed code 4 from my 2008.5 I'll use. Hopefully this will last me a few years until/if I ever decide to upgrade the controller later. Cost $100, I know the Bandit idea is another option but for now 19mph will be enough. Also this leaves me cash to get new wheels for my B-day! Just need to figure out what size street tires will work on a 12" rim with a 4" lift.
Old 03-09-2015, 02:34 PM   #20
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

scooterman,

A high speed magnet in the motor may allow for a bit more speed than that. It'll prevent the motor braking from limiting your top speed.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car