lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2014, 11:20 PM   #21
woodsracing
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: How do I program my new Alltrax?

Can someone tell me how to get this '.hex' file opened and set up in my new alltrax controller? All wired up and running CC with new D&D motor, new alltrax 650, new solenoid and F/R, and new V-Glide throttle. Everything working good except I'm only getting a little over half throttle according to the controller program hooked up properly and working on my laptop. Been reading and searching for 3 days and it sounds like this Clubcar4.hex file is the fix. But how do I get it downloaded and into the controller??? Can't even open the file! help!
woodsracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-02-2014, 07:40 AM   #22
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

. . does this help any?

Upgrading Alltrax Controller Software
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:53 AM   #23
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

We are using map 3a now, you may want to contact Alltrax and ask for this map. Although very similar to #4 it is the latest version for the CC throttle.
You don't open the hex file you simply upload it to your control - I hope this helps
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 12:23 PM   #24
woodsracing
Not Yet Wild

ok, thanks Steve and Scotty, so far I saved the hex file to desktop and all seems good till I try to upload it into the controller using the 'upgrade' tab' in the Alltrax Controller Pro program.

It says "upgrade failed ERROR file doesn't begin with ':'

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong. I'm not much of a computer geek.
Will await response.....
Old 02-02-2014, 04:55 PM   #25
woodsracing
Not Yet Wild

Update - and still hope for advice.

I figured out how to load the 'Maps' to the controller - actually I tried both of them, ClubCar4 and the ClubCar3 someone posted a link to.

(for the benefit of those future inquiries along the same line what I hadn't been doing is unzipping the file before trying to use it. Unzipping was done by right-clicking and 'extracting' the file from the sipped up folder on my desktop)

So, now I can get 100% throttle - as is evident by both the software readings and the yellow light going on on the controller when it hit 100%. Problem is now it doesn't go up to 100% each and every time I smash the throttle. Sometime it only goes to 60% with the throttle floored and then I'll back off, floor it, back off, floor it and it'll speed up to 100%. In other words it's inconsistent.

Tomorrow I'll double check tightness and cleanliness of all my signal wiring and maybe even remove the new V-Glide and pop in the old V-Glide to see if there's a problem with that.

Any ideas on what to check given my 'inconsistent' throttle please let me know.

With the 'pre-set' Map files loaded into the controller can I still mess around with the throttle response options? Or are they part of the pre-set Map and not to be changed?

Thanks again.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car