lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2012, 10:38 PM   #1
kensown
Not Yet Wild

Default Plum Quick or D & D Motor

I have a 2000 Cub Car resistor cart I have changed from 36 to 48 volts with Scttyb's help. Electronic controller, solenoid, heavy duty f/r switch. It is now all updated but the motor. I am getting about 17 mph tops. I live in a very flat retirement community. I am seeking a little more speed. The limit is 25 mph in our community. I could send my 36 volt motor to Plum Quick or buy a new D&D speed motor. Suggestions would be appreciated.
kensown is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2012, 12:18 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Plum Quick or D & D Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensown View Post
I have a 2000 Cub Car resistor cart I have changed from 36 to 48 volts with Scttyb's help. Electronic controller, solenoid, heavy duty f/r switch. It is now all updated but the motor. I am getting about 17 mph tops. I live in a very flat retirement community. I am seeking a little more speed. The limit is 25 mph in our community. I could send my 36 volt motor to Plum Quick or buy a new D&D speed motor. Suggestions would be appreciated.
The PQ bandit make-over will get you 2-3 mph more.
A D&D motor like 07-02 would give you closer to 25mph with my conversion kit installed without giving up any torque. Shoot me an email for pricing.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:01 AM   #3
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Cool Re: Plum Quick or D & D Motor

The bandit motor is a good motor for what it is, a rebuilt stock motor. You need to compare oranges to oranges here.
Call Robby at PQ, he can build you a motor. The Bandit motor is their entery level motor. Robby and his dad have over 20 years experience in building electric motors. They can build any type motor you want and they specializes in 48 volts.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:13 AM   #4
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The PQ bandit make-over will get you 2-3 mph more.
A D&D motor like 07-02 would give you closer to 25mph with my conversion kit installed without giving up any torque. Shoot me an email for pricing.
Or, you could get the D&D ES-81 and get 60% more torque and 23mph! The motor you choose should also consider how/where you plan to use it. If only flat roads, the extra torque should not be needed. If hilly or off road then suggest looking into a torque/speed motor like the ES-81.
lgbarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:26 AM   #5
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensown View Post
I live in a very flat retirement community. I am seeking a little more speed. The limit is 25 mph in our community.
Duh?!? Suppose I should read more carefully.

Think Scotty's suggested motor is likely the best D&D motor for your application. I am very happy with my D&D. Alot of the folks here also use the PQ motors and are very happy with them also.
lgbarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:37 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Micheal and Eric along with key members of their staff have over 50 years experience in motor design, testing, and manufacturing at D&D.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
speed motor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car