lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-18-2016, 03:51 PM   #11
src7253
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Charging System Troubleshooting

ok, I actually did not try to put the 4 AWG through because I though I read it would not fit. The 6 AWG wire is run through it as if the 4 AWG was not there. I just did not want to have one 6 AWG wire in the system so I added the 4 AWG going around to carry more load. Basically have two negative wires coming off my battery pack to the controller but one through the OBC. If you are saying that will throw things off then I will fix it.
src7253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-18-2016, 04:04 PM   #12
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by src7253 View Post
ok, I actually did not try to put the 4 AWG through because I though I read it would not fit. The 6 AWG wire is run through it as if the 4 AWG was not there. I just did not want to have one 6 AWG wire in the system so I added the 4 AWG going around to carry more load. Basically have two negative wires coming off my battery pack to the controller but one through the OBC. If you are saying that will throw things off then I will fix it.
Yes that's what I'm saying. All of the power passing through the 4 gauge wire is going undetected by the OBC. It needs to monitor all voltage added and removed to the battery pack via the sensor around the hole in the OBC.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 04:05 PM   #13
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by src7253 View Post
This will throw things off. 4 gauge wire will fit through the hole just fine, but you will need to put the terminal on AFTER you run it through.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:38 AM   #14
src7253
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

OK, thank you for the help!
src7253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 02:33 PM   #15
shaffer88
Gone Wild

Ok help me run this down. I guessing it's a bad obc, I have reset it numerous times.

I'm resurrecting it from the dead for my local course who previously bypassed the obc and I took out the bypass reconnecting correctly replaced the charging receptacle since gray wire broken. When placed on charger the charger clicks on after approx 10secs and showing <1amp charge, after a few minutes turns off. It will then click back on showing <1 amp and run for quite some time. This charger has been pulled from a known running cart and works just fine with it. All these carts are A0101.
shaffer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 02:35 PM   #16
shaffer88
Gone Wild

Default Charging System Troubleshooting

I'll add pack total charge is approx 40v should be enough to turn charger on.

55.2 v at the neg and pos on receptacle
Old 04-13-2017, 04:19 PM   #17
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Locate the fuse "bolted" to the back of the charger receptacle. You'll see the black wire comes from the receptacle and loops up to the fuse, the other side of the fuse has a black wire on it that runs to the OBC.

Run a 10 gauge jumper wire from the OBC side of the fuse to the MAIN negative battery post and plug the charger in and wait for it to turn on. If the charger shows amperage the OBC is bad.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:56 PM   #18
shaffer88
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Locate the fuse "bolted" to the back of the charger receptacle. You'll see the black wire comes from the receptacle and loops up to the fuse, the other side of the fuse has a black wire on it that runs to the OBC.

Run a 10 gauge jumper wire from the OBC side of the fuse to the MAIN negative battery post and plug the charger in and wait for it to turn on. If the charger shows amperage the OBC is bad.

I knew I've read that before and that's what they had done in the past but ended up having the charger on a timer. As to not over charge, but I want it to be a plug and play and easy maintenance
Old 04-13-2017, 04:57 PM   #19
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffer88 View Post
I knew I've read that before and that's what they had done in the past but ended up having the charger on a timer. As to not over charge, but I want it to be a plug and play and easy maintenance
I'm not suggesting that you leave it that way. I'm suggesting that you do it so you can see how it behaves so I can help you identify your problem.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:58 PM   #20
shaffer88
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
I'm not suggesting that you leave it that way. I'm suggesting that you do it so you can see how it behaves so I can help you identify your problem.

I'm in agreement, what should of been a diagnostic tool they had it that way permanently. But I'll check it out and get back with you
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car