lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2007, 09:13 AM   #1
citrix_guy
Not Yet Wild

Default G8e SLOW on the uphill

I just got a G8 that runs pretty well. This winter I am going to attempt the clean up on the thing (body off, new paint, clean rust off fram and paint etc).
One mechanical thing I want to work out is the this machine's slugishness up hill. On flat ground it is FINE! all paved roads. Then I get on a hil and the thing crawls. It never stops, even with two people in it, but it is SLOW.

Could this be as simple as bad (read poorly maintained) batteries. Or should I be looking at a different motor for more torque or speed? Will an 8:1 gear set help solve this issue?

The tires and rims are all standard size. There is no backseat, windsheild or top so there is almost no weight on this dog... just want to go up hill faster so I dont get passed by 4 year old kids riding their bikes.
citrix_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 02:34 PM   #2
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Default Re: G8e SLOW on the uphill

8:1 gears are guaranteed to stop it if it's that bad already. They are high speed gears, meant for more speed. Less torque is a side effect.

You can probably send you motor to EMP and have them rework it for more torque. Check what year the batteries are too and the total pack voltage.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 03:11 PM   #3
tungpo1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well said NO NO!!!!
tungpo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 04:43 PM   #4
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

How steep of a hill?

I'll say nine out of ten times a customer comes to me with this report, it ends up being either batteries, or ocassionaly wire problems.
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:44 PM   #5
citrix_guy
Not Yet Wild

roger that. OK I'll start with a check of the batteries, gravity etc, and maybe some 4g cables. Anyone got a good source for those?

BTW got the body off today, have been taking photos through the process and documenting the process. Should be cool.

Ron
citrix_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:13 PM   #6
moesdeals
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasetim View Post
How steep of a hill?

I'll say nine out of ten times a customer comes to me with this report, it ends up being either batteries, or ocassionaly wire problems.
Amen to that Phasetim! #1 to check is batteries and ALL connections first. Do a battery check on each battery individually. I would highly recommend that you go to your local Carquest Auto parts store and have them make you the cables that you need. I had all battery cables built for my G8 in 2 gauge for under $40.

If this does not correct it give me a shout. There are many other things that can be checked one by one before you jump to pay for a controller or motor.
moesdeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 08:17 PM   #7
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Roady89 makes EXCELLENT 4 gauge cables. Send him a PM.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 07:28 AM   #8
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO NO NO E-Z-GO! View Post
Roady89 makes EXCELLENT 4 gauge cables. Send him a PM.
I haven't used them, but from the pictures I can vouch for that...
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha