lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2009, 09:01 AM   #1
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

Default Plum Quick Motor and speed update

As promised, here is an update of my cart progress after doing the PLUM QUICK motors. This took some time because one of the motors, the one I really wanted was damaged in shipping. Plum Quick was very generous and offered a 48V speed motor and to rework my 36V stock motor all for the price of one, so as to not lose use of cart while 36 was being reworked--unbelievable service.

Stock cart with 36V batteries and motor
approx. 13 mph or so

48V battery and solenoid upgrades and 4 gauge cables--stock motor
17-18 mph ---great off the line torque

Plum Quick 48V speed motor with stock 18" tires
20-21 MPH but an incredible LOSS in torque, a strong wind would slow this thing down. did not like at all!

Plum Quick 36V reworked motor (my old 2.97 hp stocker) with 18" tires
23-24 MPH on flats, 27+ on a slight downhill slope(this is Florida) and maintains 20-21 going up that same grade/slope. Torque is AWESOME, tire chirps when mashing the pedal from a stop.

The motors performed exactly as they said they would. Robby said I wouldn't be happy with the 48V speed motor and insisted on me sending my stock 36V for a rework, hence the deal for the 2 motors.
VERY VERY HAPPY WITH THOSE GUYS---
PLUM QUICK MOTORS and ROBBY STEEN

P.S. --now it's time for CC-Johns suspension upgrade with the springs because these really dont handle well at speeds huh!?!?
oxfordlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2009, 09:07 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Plum Quick Motor and speed update

THis is great to see the comparison on 1 cart like this Ox We could make a stickie out of this
The results verify what I have been reading from other members ..... did you have the original motor rewound for speed OR torque?

What controller are you using?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:25 AM   #3
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

The motor I assume was rewound for speed. After what seemed like hours on the phone with those guys(got a ton of great info) and telling them what I had and what I was looking for(Gawd they can talk), this is what they sent back so Im not sure how they worked it.

Im still running my VGlide and resistor coils...its all wide open running around here, well maybe not now going that fast, but its just miles and miles of cart paths and legal to run them on most of the roads in this area. the paths go around or along the major roads and the tunnels go under the major intersections, then its back onto the local streets...its great!!

One side note though I just remembered. The 48V high speed motor was making the coils get alot hotter than the 36V reworked motor is. I would purposely run at half throttle for a while and check, and they were a lot hotter with the 48V---now its not bad at all with this 36V, don't know why.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:41 AM   #4
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

I think a sticky of just motor upgrades and results would be awesome!! We have also been looking at the BAD BOY motor and others and would like to have a place to go and see just real world results of setups and motor combo's.

Also another note as to where we are...just googled earthed it and this place is 6 miles long and about 4 miles wide of all cart use. Everything has cart access, shopping centers, restaurants, paths that run along all major roads and highways to get where ever ya want, oh yeah the golf courses too. ANd its still growing, going to need a gas cart soon huh?
Old 03-04-2009, 09:43 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sounds like cart heaven....... You are gonna need a controller
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:44 AM   #6
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordlawn View Post
ANd its still growing, going to need a gas cart soon huh?
Not if you plan on registering it with the state of Florida. They will only license electric carts.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:45 AM   #7
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Yea...when someone makes a post with all the different motor/controller/battery/gear ratio/tires and wheel/weight/age of pack/voltage I will make it a sticky.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:52 AM   #8
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

They dont need to be registered here. You can and then stay on the roads all the time that are posted 35 or below, but if you stay on the paths and the secondary town roads, your OK. There are road signs all over that warn you of "No carts Past This Point" and then a path way will start at that point and continue along the road.

Its called "The Villages" and its a gigantic Home Owners Association/community that goes into 3 counties. I dont know how they get away with some of the stuff they do(like golf carts on roads), but it works for me. Major Highways go thru it, so they build tunnels and bridges for the cart paths. I really dont get how this place got to be what it is, but its fun.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:54 AM   #9
Jim C
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think its quite a bit bigger than that, they have already started a new town square on the south side of old 44 which makes it almost 9mi long. I imagine they get away with it because Sumter Co. has always been pretty easy going.

Sounds like you got some decent torque being able to bark the tires, I'd like to get mine to do it.
Jim C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:05 PM   #10
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

"Plum Quick 36V reworked motor (my old 2.97 hp stocker) with 18" tires
23-24 MPH on flats, 27+ on a slight downhill slope(this is Florida) and maintains 20-21 going up that same grade/slope. Torque is AWESOME, tire chirps when mashing the pedal from a stop."

Congrads Oxfordlawn

When you get 22" tires on your lifted cart and if you still get that chirp from the tires I'm going to be very very jealous!!!
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car