lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-11-2012, 04:49 PM   #1
oconnorb
Gone Wild

Club Car

Arrow Radio static?

Installed new Interstate deep cycle 12V battery to run the radio, as I sit still, incredible sound, hit the pedal to motor down the road and I get some static through the speakers, I assume it is from the motor. I had also assumed since the radio was not on the same circuit as the rest of the cart I wouldn’t have motor static, as I can now see and hear… I was wrong. Any suggestions on what to install where to remove the static while operating cart?

Scottyb - the digital battery indicator works great for both the 48 and 12 volt reading, one of the best add on's! Thanks~

Cart info = 97 CC 48V

Last edited by oconnorb; 01-11-2012 at 04:51 PM.. Reason: Forgot to add comment...
oconnorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-11-2012, 05:17 PM   #2
rinman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Radio static?

First thing make sure you have good radio and speaker wire free of any exposed wiring. Next avoid any radio or speaker wires going near the motor or controller. Double check wires to make sure all connections are secure.

They do make a noise filter you can buy from just about anyplace that sells car stereo equipment.

Good luck!
RI
rinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #3
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Also, do you have an antenna? If so, how and where is it mounted?
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:52 AM   #4
oconnorb
Gone Wild

Club Car

FM modulated antenna, it is mount in the Club Car back cover, that is above the motor. Trip over to radio shack and pick up filter.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:58 AM   #5
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by oconnorb View Post
FM modulated antenna, it is mount in the Club Car back cover, that is above the motor. Trip over to radio shack and pick up filter.
Just wonder if the antenna is picking up the interference. Try the filter and report back
Old 01-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #6
rinman
Gone Wild

Club Car

If there is anyway to move the antenna that's what I would do. I have mine zip tied up under the front as far away from motor and controller as I could.

Let us know if it works.
rinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:23 AM   #7
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I've tried nearly everything. I have a high quality sound system installed and still get static when under power...but only on AM/FM. My soultion...plug in the ipod when under way!
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:51 PM   #8
oconnorb
Gone Wild

Club Car

Arrow Re: Radio static?

Installed filter, ran temp antenna to the front, still had static... Bluetooth connect to Pandora, no issues, Pandora is better, get to listen to what I want without commercial interruptions. Radio installed in driver side glove box area.

Updated pics, the seats are done, the patteren that is on the seats will be the body skin, and install the "bush wacker" style fender flares, just need more "golf cart" time to get finished.

Last edited by oconnorb; 01-12-2012 at 06:54 PM.. Reason: grammer issues...
Old 01-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #9
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by oconnorb View Post
Installed filter, ran temp antenna to the front, still had static... Bluetooth connect to Pandora, no issues, Pandora is better, get to listen to what I want without commercial interruptions. Radio installed in driver side glove box area.

Updated pics, the seats are done, the patteren that is on the seats will be the body skin, and install the "bush wacker" style fender flares, just need more "golf cart" time to get finished.

The filter is a crap shoot. Did you try something like this?
http://www.autobarn.net/metawanfl.html
Old 01-12-2012, 07:28 PM   #10
oconnorb
Gone Wild

Club Car

Similar to what I bought... no worries, Bluetooth for Pandora works great.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car