lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2018, 01:21 PM   #1
bobwalter
Not Yet Wild

Default 06 Precedent dead

Need some help here please. I have an 06 Precedent (PQ0628.....). Installed a new uncommon key switch and a voltmeter from Scotty. First thing I did was to switch to tow. Then removed positive cable from the last battery. Unscrewed the dash and removed. Unplugged 9 pin connector so I could put dash on workbench to cut out for meter. Installed ignition switch. Cut hole and installed meter. Found 2wires under dash with pack voltage. Connected meter. Plugged 9 pin connector together and reinstalled dash. Hooked battery up. Switched to run...... NOTHING. No reverse buzzer. Horn and lights work. Checked 15 amp fuse near controller. It is good. This should be a simple job. What happened? No sparks. No pops. No smoke. No nothing. Am I missing another fuse? Voltmeter is dead also but it has pack voltage at connection. What am I not seeing? Need some help.....

Bob
bobwalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2018, 03:16 PM   #2
bobwalter
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 06 Precedent dead

SOLVED. I had hooked the meter up to the two available wires (black w/white and red) behind dash. They showed pack voltage on the two wires but the meter did not register and the cart would not go. Disconnected the red and hooked that to the ignition switch (keyed side) and the black w/ white and now the meter works and the cart runs. Don’t know why, but that’s ok. All is well now. At least until I put on the dual rate springs. Then what???????
Old 11-23-2018, 05:21 PM   #3
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Check motor connections controller side and motor side you'll find it

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 05:26 PM   #4
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

When you get ready for your spring swap. Unhook the batteries for that job also.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 06:28 PM   #5
bobwalter
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Mr. Golf. Yes, I will unhook batteries for sure. Don’t need to buy a new controller..... even though it would be nice.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car