lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2009, 02:49 AM   #1
gark
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Solar panels

There seems to be some disagreement on weather or not solar panels are worth the time, effort, and money to install on a cart. There seem to be some very expensive solar chargers out there, such as the ones found at http://www.cruisecarinc.com/index.htm. I would like to know if there is a simple, efficiant, and affordable trickle charger available that would prolong the time between a normal charge for a 36V cart?
gark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:20 PM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Solar panels

Are you asking if there is a solar trickle charger?
Don't waste your time or money on any of it. Solar collection cell technology are only about 17% efficient and not worth the effort.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:39 PM   #3
Otter70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

At around 1700 bucks for the 48v model I think I'll just keep using the plug in type charger. When we're camping the cart is used all day long and we've never ran out of juice.
Otter70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:23 PM   #4
QTR
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

There is a new style of charger hitting the market. It is still pricey.. $1700, but they are getting a 50% increase in run time, well worth it if you might be a NASCAR fan and need to extend the run time but don't have a plug. I will have the panels available in just a few weeks.
QTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:55 AM   #5
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTR View Post
There is a new style of charger hitting the market. It is still pricey.. $1700, but they are getting a 50% increase in run time, well worth it if you might be a NASCAR fan and need to extend the run time but don't have a plug. I will have the panels available in just a few weeks.
give us some more info on this pls. like voltage , size, etc.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:33 AM   #6
crash12888
Gone Crazy

2 1/2 year old thread Colten, Bored?
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:09 AM   #7
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I say its a complete waste of money, time and effort. Are you trying to charge your entire pack? Or an accessory battery? Because if that cart is not sitting in direct sunlight for an entire day (24hours) your cart will not have a good charge at all.

2 cents
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:17 AM   #8
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Wait just a second. Somebody bumped this before me and I guess their post got deleted

I swear. Or as Jim would say thats just what I do.
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:34 AM   #9
leapingbuddha
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Just arrived here in San Felipe, Baja. So I drag my solar powered lead sled 13 hundred miles to enjoy it here for 6 months. We only have solar power on our casa so I don't charge my 36 volt EZ-Go that way. I have 3 120 watt panels on the cart instead of a normal roof. I use it alot. In fact I have noticed that I don't put nearly as much diesel in my Suburban so I must be using my cart alot. This is my third year on these batteries since I put the panels on so only time will tell if I get 4 years or maybe 9 years on them using them this way. It works for me so I won't debate the point here weather solar on a cart works. I know some of the roofs are expensive but at three dollars a watt I don't have TOO much dollars involved. Anywhere in the sunbelt should be a go.
leapingbuddha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solar
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO