lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Videos
Videos Fun and exciting videos of golf carts/atv's/etc.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2009, 08:12 AM   #1
hitmanharleyk
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Fastest Golf Cart ?????

I don't think this cart qualifies to be a golf cart, it is a small electric vehicle IMO. To be a considered a cart I feel like it should have to look like a cart.

hitmanharleyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2009, 04:37 PM   #2
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Fastest Golf Cart ?????

Which one hitman? Mine is the one coming up last. This run, he (Krazy Karts purple electric) ran a 8.207 @ 74.44 MPH with a .909 reaction time, I ran a 9.301 @ 79.44 MPH with a 1.116 reaction time. Since then I have changes my gear ratio to a much lower gear, My reaction time and bogging bad off the line gave Krazy an easy win. He won't get an easy win next time, I will have a little more for him so he better work on his too.
I've only ran mine down the strip 5 times and all with the higher gears, my best time was
8.875 @ 79.77 MPH with a .803 reaction time, I really need more practice. Thanks for posting.
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:50 PM   #3
roady89
nimda
Club Car

The title of this thread is a little misleading. That might have been the fastest cart "on the track that day" but it's not the fastest cart. There is always someone faster.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 06:02 PM   #4
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

What's the limit and what are the restrictions to being a "golf cart"? 25 mph on most stock carts is scary! 80 in a quarter? Holy Cow!! 5 mph downhill with a curve and a creek is too fast! Paul Harvey said today (I Know, I'm old but I was taking my G9 block to be bored out and was listening to the radio) that an electric MC went 0-60 in .06 seconds, with top end of 170+. The catch! 160 DeWalt cordless drill batteries (and one big motor I assume). Wheres the economy in that? My .02
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:01 PM   #5
hitmanharleyk
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

To be a considered a golf cart I think it should look like a golf cart and the one in the left lane isn't agolf cart IMO. KrazyKarts should be racing cars, not carts.
hitmanharleyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:24 PM   #6
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

No offense but this is a "silly question"! If it's on a golf cart chasis...call it a golf cart, what's your concern? There are so many facets to golf carts, to get caught up in speed while ignoring all the other factors is futile. You could strap on a jet engine to a golf cart and call it the fastest or you could build something that rides smooth, decent speed, torque, and people aren't afraid to get on. I think all the mods. and crazy things we are all doing is great, but we can't get caught up in a pissing contest...because the guidlines are too broad. Just my groundless opinion!
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:34 PM   #7
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Technically neither one of them are golf carts. Federal government says a golf cart travels 19.9 MPH or less. 20-25 MPH is a "low-speed vehicle". So if someone wanted to *****.........well.......you know. The laws can either work for you or against you depending on how you wanna do it.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:16 PM   #8
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

I agree that the definition of a performance "golf cart" is something that's within the boundaries of it's original, OEM design that's been enhanced for various purposes. Most of our classic muscle and high-po production vehicles are the result of OEM's efforts to push the envelope in a specific, high profile market segment. Golf cart makers want to produce better golf carts, not something for the 1/2 mile oval, 1/4 mile strip, hunting leases or sand dunes. And they make those, starting about 6K and up. But that is why it's so much fun to do something on a layman's budget that you don't need an EE or PE for, and share it with people that think the same way. Like BGW!
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:21 PM   #9
roady89
nimda
Club Car

A while back there was a thread about the Guiness book of worlds records longest golf cart.....it got me thinkin about the "fastest golf cart".......YOU CAN'T....well, you can but it doesn't need to go any faster than 19.9 MPH. Guiness might not look at it that way but I bet eventually someone would say something about it. There is no Guiness record for the "fastest gof cart" at this time.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:45 AM   #10
calllen9
IT COST LESS TO PAY MORE

E-Z-GO

hitman, what doesnt make it a golf cart? because it has a rollcage, beacause its lowered? It has a golf cart frame, rearend, motor, frontend, leaf springs, shocks, body,steering. i'd say its a golf cart probably more so than some others!
calllen9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Videos