lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2018, 11:46 AM   #1
Stewbuntu
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Steering if Marathon gets front block lift

I went down to our local metal seller and had a block of aluminu cut up (counter guy said its "air craft grade") It was $10 to get another set encase I wanted to lift the front as well. With the rear up it looks fine, but if it's as easy as unbolting 8 bolts and sliding in the blocks and longer bolts I will do it. It took about 30 minutes each to install the rear blocks after I machined the holes through the block for the bolts, then added a stainless bottom block plug, and drilled a hole for the top block plug/nut. I didn't just add a block between the bolts, the bolts go through the block so it's more secure esp with the traditional plugs on the bottom and top.

So the steering bracket is welded to the frame under floor, but I'm thinking I can just turn the nuckles at the right angle and it will work, but it looks like it would be a steep angle. I read only Marathons can do block lifts anything newer can't. So do I put the blocks under the frame with the rear bolts of the leaf spring, or out on the axel with the front bolts of the leaf spring. I'm thinking it's more sturdy to mount the blocks under the frame of the "cab" vs out on the front axel.

I know it's not ideal compared to a kit, but for now I'm doing it this way to get in and out of my truck. Thanks for the help

Pics with drawings are leaf springs, steering, and the nuckle:

Front leaf springs bolted to the front axel and steering nuckle

Steering coming down to the frame and out to the nuckle

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
Stewbuntu is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2018, 03:14 PM   #2
Stewbuntu
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Steering if Marathon gets front block lift

Update searched on Google and looked through pictures and found this thread. This looks like they bent the steering linkage from the down bar bent down to the steering arm. It looks Like a lot of torque on the axel and I think the block under the rear portion of the leaf spring would be more stable and bend the arm down or build a new arm.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...-thread-3.html

I found this thread but it only helps w shocks and some basic info on steering

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...ft-blocks.html

And this

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...de-simple.html

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
Stewbuntu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO