lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-03-2013, 03:13 PM   #21
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Powerwise charger problem

Johnnie,You were correct along,transformer test good but 1 diode is shorted. That is why U R THE MAN OF KNOWLEDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks
busman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2013, 03:56 PM   #22
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Johnnie,You gave me a part # for the diode, Who cares it,Can't find it on any of the site sponsors.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:01 PM   #23
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

powerwise charger diode.jpg

Johnnie,Here is an image of the bar the diodes attatch to,What and where do I order? Thanks
Old 01-03-2013, 10:08 PM   #24
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Here's a really screaming deal for you on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1N1186-Diode...item231d2bcbc6

These are 1N1186's and are rated at a higher voltage (200 volt), but otherwise exactly the same as the 1N1184's. You will be getting 5 for $11.00 total shipped, so you will have 3 spares! Seems like a really good deal. Good luck - RAY

Last edited by bigstik40; 01-03-2013 at 10:12 PM.. Reason: add info.
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:10 AM   #25
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The diode assembly in your picture can be obtained from EZGO, and other places, but it is overpriced and on the wimpy side.

I mentioned 1N1184 and Ray mentioned 1N1186, but a pair of any stud mount diode rectifiers rated 35A or more and 200PRV or more with a cathode case will work.

Just bore holes in the heatsink to mount them.

Radio Shack will have ones that will work, but you can find them for less on-line.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:09 AM   #26
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Johnnie,Finally installed 2 new diode,plugged the charger in and SMOKE! Both diodes,50A fuse and capacitor wire smoked. About tired of this charger but what do you think? I fooked at DPI chargers on ebay and found 1 for $225.00. It does not state that it has the "float charge" like the ones that ScottyB sells. Do all DPI chargers have this option? Thanks
Old 01-13-2013, 10:26 AM   #27
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

If it is an "Accusense" model it does.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:00 PM   #28
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Johnnie,i bought a dpi charger but still am working on the powerwise charger. Installed two more diodes and a fuse and when plugging the charger in to the cart instant "sparks". Dead short somewhere? The bar that the diodes attatch to when remove had a white substance on it,some of which come off when removing and reinstalling,could this be the problem or are you suppose to remove the bar? I hate to give up! Thanks
Old 02-27-2013, 12:25 PM   #29
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Johnnie,i bought a dpi charger but still am working on the powerwise charger. Installed two more diodes and a fuse and when plugging the charger in to the cart instant "sparks". Dead short somewhere? The bar that the diodes attatch to when remove had a white substance on it,some of which come off when removing and reinstalling,could this be the problem or are you suppose to remove the bar? I hate to give up! Thanks
Old 02-27-2013, 12:55 PM   #30
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by busman9 View Post
What is the part number on the diodes you are using?
If the number has an "R" suffix, the anode is connected to the stud and battery pack will be shorted through the transformer when you plug it into the cart.

I'd just mount the diodes (Cathode connected to stud type) on the aluminum heatsink and toss the bracket the old one were mound in into your "spare" parts collection.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO