lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2007, 11:59 AM   #1
milo32000
Not Yet Wild

Default WOW ! Short belt !

I`ve got an 02 TXT, stock engine , lift kit , 22 inch tires, I put on a 22337g1 belt { for 2 stroke } ****, what a stump puller, it will zip up a hill like nobodys business , think I lost a little top end, will check this afternoon with a gp to see how much.

Thans , Milo
milo32000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2007, 01:08 PM   #2
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Default Re: WOW ! Short belt !

When it breaks in and stretches a little bit, you will probably notice a difference. That's what ruredy says, anyway.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:45 PM   #3
milo32000
Not Yet Wild

Drove about 20 miles today, looks like I may have lost 1 mph, maybe with a little more break in time it will get back to 23 mph as it was with the stock belt. But let me tell ya`ll , this thing will nearly flip over on a steep incline, it`s a whole different ride ! Will tweak on the gov. a little more this week. Thank you guys for the forum, it`s a blast ! Milo
Old 09-11-2007, 02:41 PM   #4
Hazzard
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: WOW ! Short belt !

Is it srong enough to pull the wheels off the ground?? haha I do not have a short belt but from reading what you just wrote I need to hurry up and get one!!!
Hazzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:27 PM   #5
milo32000
Not Yet Wild

No , it does not pull wheelies on flat ground, but on climbing a steep hill it pull the front wheels up because of it being tail heavy. As for the short belt it really gives it a lot of low end torque.Try one you won`t be sorry, also it`s a little tight, but it will go on. Let us know how you like it !
Milo
Old 09-13-2007, 06:29 PM   #6
Hazzard
Not Yet Wild

I Put A Short Belt On My Cart And I Had Some Belt Sqeaking At Higher Speeds. I Also Noticed A Small Amount Of Fraying, But Not Much. Is Any Of This Normal?
Hazzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 06:37 PM   #7
milo32000
Not Yet Wild

Mine does the same, but I`m ok with it , I like the torque, and the hill climbing ability. I noticed the whine also, kinda sounds like a gear drive on a Chev engine.
Milo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO