lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Side x Sides/ATVs/Quads/Bikes/Jeeps/4x4's!
Side x Sides/ATVs/Quads/Bikes/Jeeps/4x4's! Side x Sides, ATVs, Quads, Bikes, Jeeps, 4x4, and everything else.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2017, 12:36 PM   #11
CFECO
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: MX Bike Electric Buggy Build

OK, back again after an extended stay in the hospital. I made it to my "shop" Sat.and did a little work. I screwed together two of the steel framing stud track sections to make a box tube, which will be what most of the frame will be constructed out of. There will be two sections of frame that goes from the MC down tubes to the golf cart drive axle, the lightweight tubes will come off of that. The sections that comes off of the down tubes will be made of 1.5" x 3.5" 1/8 wall steel, welded to the down tubes. The welding will be done at a friends shop, which I can do by taking the forks off and carrying the sections in without having to move the whole buggy. The lightweight frame sections will be riveted with aircraft blind rivets during final assembly. Next shop day I'll do a mockup of the seat frame so I can design the rear spring mounts, wood 2x4's are the chosen material...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5825 (1).jpg (134.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1589.jpg (125.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1590.jpg (227.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5836.jpg (128.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5834.jpg (129.7 KB, 0 views)
CFECO is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2017, 12:41 PM   #12
ncorry
Getting Wild

Awesome, I hope you're out of the hospital for a long time. I've been looking forward to some progress pics!
ncorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 09:33 AM   #13
CFECO
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, I am doing Much better now, 3 months between doc visits. And I have found the odd size steel tubing I need to build the main frame sections, 1.5" x 3.5" x .120 wall. Ive been looking for that for months, but found it 120 miles away from home, going to get it today. This is the latest photo of the buggy, using wood to mock up the seat position and construct a jig to hold everything together while it gets cut up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6792.jpg (210.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-20-2017, 05:34 PM   #14
CFECO
Not Yet Wild

Just got another short day in at the "Shop", but got the rest of the un-needed bike frames cut off, another 30 pounds gone...Yea! Most everything from here on is construction not demolition. Merry Christmas all...see ya later!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7392.jpg (158.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7394.jpg (84.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-20-2017, 10:55 PM   #15
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Killer build, you will have the best/comfortable off-road cart ever. Tubes suck, but that’s a small price to pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:44 PM   #16
ncorry
Getting Wild

Hey CFECO, any updates in the last 13 months? I'm interested in how this thing turns out.
ncorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Side x Sides/ATVs/Quads/Bikes/Jeeps/4x4's!