lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop
Garage and Workshop Tips & Ideas for the garage or workshop.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-13-2020, 05:56 PM   #11
Chevota Guy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Bench Vises - Best quality

Those US made Columbian vises are great and will last several lifetimes.

I recently needed a small but sturdy vise and found this 1940s vintage Versa Vise with tall jaws. It was a real rust bucket when I found it, but it restored easily. It can be mounted both vertically and horizontally. It swivels and locks into position when the part being held is clamped.

It only weighs 16 lbs, but is a super handy all purpose vise that will complement any heavy duty vise nicely. If anyone comes across one of these old originals, their versatility is excellent.

Chevota Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-14-2020, 09:49 AM   #12
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevota Guy View Post
Those US made Columbian vises are great and will last several lifetimes.

I recently needed a small but sturdy vise and found this 1940s vintage Versa Vise with tall jaws. It was a real rust bucket when I found it, but it restored easily. It can be mounted both vertically and horizontally. It swivels and locks into position when the part being held is clamped.

It only weighs 16 lbs, but is a super handy all purpose vise that will complement any heavy duty vise nicely. If anyone comes across one of these old originals, their versatility is excellent.

Nice job! Never seen that design before.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 07:26 AM   #13
Doubles Shooter
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That is sweet. I love old tools and the designs of some of them. Great job saving a piece of history.
Doubles Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop