lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2020, 09:21 AM   #1
huntingcart2393
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Nissan Leaf conversion

I’m new to the idea of lithium conversions but it seems to be the way to go. I currently have a series cart with alltrax sr48500. My question is what all is needed for the conversion. Attached is the battery I have been looking at. Is it a good set/good quality kit. It has a list of what all is included. What else will I need? What are the main advantages of lithium to dc? Thank you for any advice in advance.

F3244279-9C4F-44F0-A572-80FA7329092E.jpg

7F18826E-4625-4783-A0AF-AE1332636616.jpg
huntingcart2393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-06-2020, 08:31 AM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Nissan Leaf conversion

Are those coming assembled in two 7S modules that you run in parallel or is it all disassembled?

If it is disassembled then you can parallel the modules so you have a single voltage path and a single BMS. Their picture shows two battery packs ran in parallel so you have two distinct paths for the power to flow and you'd need two BMS modules.

You also need the 400 amp fuse to connect the pack to the controller. I used this on my cart https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

You will need the copper buss bars. You can get them premade or buy copper flat stock and use your drill press to put the holes in. Unless it comes with buss bars. I use a different charger, but some people use the regular lead acid charger. In order to do that the BMS has to cutoff the charge voltage (high voltage cutoff).

If you want the BMS to do the low voltage cutoff then you'll need another 48v solenoid that the BMS controls. Sergio did a nice thread on this.

I'd ask for a digital copy of the BMS manual before ordering the kit so you can look it over and see if there is anything else.

You'll probably need 20 feet or less of small, thin wire to run the BMS sense leads too. Unless they are already set up on the BMS.

Is the BMS adjustable? Can you set the HV and LV cutoffs to your preference?
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 05:21 PM   #3
huntingcart2393
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Nissan Leaf conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
Are those coming assembled in two 7S modules that you run in parallel or is it all disassembled?

If it is disassembled then you can parallel the modules so you have a single voltage path and a single BMS. Their picture shows two battery packs ran in parallel so you have two distinct paths for the power to flow and you'd need two BMS modules.

You also need the 400 amp fuse to connect the pack to the controller. I used this on my cart https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

You will need the copper buss bars. You can get them premade or buy copper flat stock and use your drill press to put the holes in. Unless it comes with buss bars. I use a different charger, but some people use the regular lead acid charger. In order to do that the BMS has to cutoff the charge voltage (high voltage cutoff).

If you want the BMS to do the low voltage cutoff then you'll need another 48v solenoid that the BMS controls. Sergio did a nice thread on this.

I'd ask for a digital copy of the BMS manual before ordering the kit so you can look it over and see if there is anything else.

You'll probably need 20 feet or less of small, thin wire to run the BMS sense leads too. Unless they are already set up on the BMS.

Is the BMS adjustable? Can you set the HV and LV cutoffs to your preference?

Great information! It looks that I still have a lot to learn on lithium packs, thank you!
huntingcart2393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium