lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2020, 02:01 PM   #11
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: VC 625 adj. jet help

Something is not right if it is too rich with the screw all the way closed. Somewhere fuel is going where it shouldn't. As you say these carbs are not rocket science.
raydhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2020, 02:19 PM   #12
oldphart
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Ray.... I was sure something
is majorly wrong. It runs decent with all the stock crap in it other than I'm sure I can make it idle better and slower with an idle air adjustment....so ultimately, I'm off to another carb. Something really stupid is going on when the adj. main jet and needle is installed. I'm not looking for the ultimate in performance. I just want it really, REALLY driveable.

Thanks!
Jim
oldphart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 03:58 PM   #13
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Did you keep the original emulsion tube in above the jet ? Is the jet fully seating in the carb body ? When you attach the jet needle / carb bowl back onto the carb do you have the needle out 6 or 7 turns ? Then close the needle to 1.5 turns. Are you running a fuel return line ? IF NOT is fuel overflowing out of the carb ? I have the EC version in my VC 22 mm carb and the E Bay version in my 24 mm Shepard modified carb. I did not see what you are describing on either. Usually the complaint with the adjustable jet on the 625's are they still run lean as they were originally designed for smaller displacement clones.
raydhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 09:29 PM   #14
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you wanna sell that adjustable jet let me know.
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 01:34 PM   #15
oldphart
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
Did you keep the original emulsion tube in above the jet ? Is the jet fully seating in the carb body ? When you attach the jet needle / carb bowl back onto the carb do you have the needle out 6 or 7 turns ? Then close the needle to 1.5 turns. Are you running a fuel return line ? IF NOT is fuel overflowing out of the carb ? I have the EC version in my VC 22 mm carb and the E Bay version in my 24 mm Shepard modified carb. I did not see what you are describing on either. Usually the complaint with the adjustable jet on the 625's are they still run lean as they were originally designed for smaller displacement clones.
Yeah....I did all that. Gotta' return line, no flooding at any time, put emulsion tube back in correctly, both times I've had the jet in it's so rich I can't get it to clean out with it fully closed. It runs fine with all the original stuff in it; so I'm gonna' sit tight until I get the body finished out where I can actually drive it sitting on the seat vs. having my skinny *** perched on the battery. I may get another VC carb and try to dig out the idle screw, or possibly get a replacement carb for a smaller clone w/ idle screw. Either way, ultimately I want something I can tune.

Thanks a ton for the input, Ray....

Jim
oldphart is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!