lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2020, 12:42 AM   #1
jakerr441
Not Yet Wild

Default 06 EZGO TXT Lift question

Hi all, I am considering doing 6" drop axle lift on my 06 TXT and running 23" tires. Most of the kits I have seen claim to lengthen the wheelbase also. Anyone have an idea how much length this will add? I carry the cart in my F250 with a short bed and don't have much play for extra wheelbase.

any input greatly appreciated!!!!
jakerr441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2020, 08:35 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: 06 EZGO TXT Lift question

If you choose wheels with a large offset you might be wider than 48". I've seen people haul lifted carts with their trucks, so it is possible. When you choose a lift, ask the company you buy from what wheels and tires to get to keep the width 48" or less.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 08:09 AM   #3
RSollman
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm sure you've considered it too, but just the 23" tires are going to push out several inches too due to the size increase. I was amazed at the difference between stock and my 23"s - they're like 4wheeler tires. My 6" axle lift did push my wheelbase out 2-4"s though + the additional tire width.

I have not seen any axle lifts that don't in some way just from the way the springs and shocks mount.
RSollman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 04:00 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSollman View Post
I'm sure you've considered it too, but just the 23" tires are going to push out several inches too due to the size increase. I was amazed at the difference between stock and my 23"s - they're like 4wheeler tires. My 6" axle lift did push my wheelbase out 2-4"s though + the additional tire width.

I have not seen any axle lifts that don't in some way just from the way the springs and shocks mount.
Is your cart wider than 48"?
Old 04-09-2020, 06:38 PM   #5
joe58
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

On my 04 with a 6” spindle lift in a 5 and 1/2 foot bed it’s out on the tailgate and I have to remove the folding bed extender. I only carried it like this to get it home. Also had to climb over the wheel well with the front end.
joe58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 08:03 AM   #6
RSollman
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Is your cart wider than 48"?

I just measured and the front tires are the widest and they're 3' 10".... so no but it's close!
RSollman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 01:05 PM   #7
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSollman View Post
I just measured and the front tires are the widest and they're 3' 10".... so no but it's close!
Then it should fit in a pickup bed. Sometimes with aftermarket wheels and using wheel spacers and big tires etc it can be over 50".
Old 04-10-2020, 06:02 PM   #8
LVCJ
going,.. going,.. gone!

E-Z-GO

Just a side note to add...
as you may already now, as you "lift" the cart higher, you also raise its center of gravity. Add this to a narrow wheel width, you have an increasingly more unstable or "tippy" cart. This could prove dangerous especially when turning at a high rate of speed and/or on uneven road. To help lesson this tendency, most will widen the track width with tires, wheels, spacers, etc.
LVCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts