lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-18-2019, 07:25 PM   #481
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: clone exhaust

Now I am really lost. Who assembled the engine to begin with ?
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-18-2019, 09:16 PM   #482
bmiller_51
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
Now I am really lost. Who assembled the engine to begin with ?
It was the kit from VC I’ve had it a little over one year.
bmiller_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 09:40 AM   #483
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

With some new builds of clones being done it is a good idea to use Nord-Locks on the exhaust system to cylinder head fasteners.
Old 03-30-2020, 08:31 PM   #484
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Bump for Atrain
Old 05-06-2020, 08:31 AM   #485
McCoolG2
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Hey guys, first post in a long time. Actually had to start a new profile because my old one was linked to my old job and couldn't recover my password. Any how, I just completed the swap to the VC 625 on my Yamaha G2. And how some have said before, the wife thinks its too loud lol. The little lunchbox muffler isn't going to cut it. So I am between ordering the Walker 18192 or the 22229. Any thoughts on one over the other? I'll be taking the cart to a shop to have the exhaust installed.
McCoolG2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 08:47 AM   #486
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCoolG2 View Post
Hey guys, first post in a long time. Actually had to start a new profile because my old one was linked to my old job and couldn't recover my password. Any how, I just completed the swap to the VC 625 on my Yamaha G2. And how some have said before, the wife thinks its too loud lol. The little lunchbox muffler isn't going to cut it. So I am between ordering the Walker 18192 or the 22229. Any thoughts on one over the other? I'll be taking the cart to a shop to have the exhaust installed.
I used the 22229 on a HF670 twin, and the wife will even ride with me now!
The twin isn’t as loud as a big single, so I can’t offer up a report on how quiet your cart will be.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 038D7988-3D1A-4608-A94A-A11BA0016D52.jpg (123.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 94130D70-83CC-4800-841A-324463DD5579.jpg (170.9 KB, 0 views)
jclark138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 08:54 AM   #487
Yamahama
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCoolG2 View Post
I have the 22229 on my G2. I've been having some trouble figuring how to package it and my first version has had some issues with clearance.

Here's a picture of my first effort:

Yamahama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 12:35 PM   #488
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
With some new builds of clones being done it is a good idea to use Nord-Locks on the exhaust system to cylinder head fasteners.
Nord lock washers are fantastic - a little pricey for a lock washer till you see one and most definitely worth every penny spent when your exhaust stays where it belongs, bolted to the head. Sense I started Nord locks I haven't had any exhaust leaks or bolts vibrating loose. Before that I was tightening my header bolts every 10 miles. One other thing, there expensive enough that you'll want to keep track of them if you have to unbolt your exhaust -- TRUST ME you'll regret losing one in the long run and with the worst timing LOL

https://www.belmetric.com/nordlock-w...bdrje9m6m216u7
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 07:14 AM   #489
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The 22229 does an admirable job on the 625 in my TXT. At first I used a J pipe 180 bend 1.5" pipe on the exit to soften the exhaust note further. I removed that and just used a short 90 for a tailpipe but it is louder. Going back to the longer tailpipe soon.

I actually get more intake noise in the driver seat. That big one lunger makes a thumping noise thru the air filter (not stock) sort of like a Chevy small block with the air filter lid flipped over.

The lunch box muffler works to fit under an unlifted cart but there are much better options if you have clearance.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 08:41 AM   #490
McCoolG2
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Yeah, I have the long travel lift on the cart so room/clearance shouldn't be an issue. It looks like 18192 is a little bigger and I'm assuming bigger the better for quiet?
McCoolG2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
g14 clone exhaust
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps