lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2017, 09:40 AM   #1
mancave1
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G2 primary clutch grease or no grease??

Thanks you for welcoming me to your site. I just purchased a new Yamaha G2-22 Comet performance clutch from car parts plus (CPP05). Can't seem to get a hold of the company so I would like to know if this item comes with grease already in or do I need give it a shot or two of grease?? Any one have any experience with this particular clutch??

thanks for any help/advice
mancave1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2017, 09:47 AM   #2
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 primary clutch grease or no grease??

Yes, you have to, but do not over-grease; 3 shots for a hand gun, 2 for automatic not more! Then check every week for the next 2 to 3 weeks.

Strange, I am also trying to contact them but no answer. Would you please take picture of the inside (I would need to see the weights, rolls, etc...) a friend of mine wants to order one as well.

When did you order it?

Thanks
sformal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 03:19 PM   #3
mancave1
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

just ordered it a few weeks ago...went on real easy although I did need a puller bolt to get the old one off
mancave1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 08:04 PM   #4
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

You will understand my request from the following thread:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/annou...different.html

I just want to be sure, they supply the very same I bought last year...

Thanks
Old 09-23-2017, 07:57 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

The comet clutch may not take any grease, a 94c does not, I don't think a 780 does but not positive. The stock G9 clutch does have a fitting on the edge you put 1-2 pumps in. The comet like to use fiber bushings that run dry. So find out what kind of clutch it is.

Sometimes they use a dry lube on comets like silicone or graphite spray. The nice part is no dirt sticks to it.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 01:21 AM   #6
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
...The stock G9 clutch does have a fitting on the edge you put 1-2 pumps in...
I bought the same last year (CCP ref CPP05) and there is a grease nipple on it. For information, I am very satisfied of it and I am using my golf cart every day!

This being said, for members in need to change their clutch, there are several models (same outside picture) on the market as you can see in my other post (see previous link: How suppliers can be different...), be carefull.
Old 09-24-2017, 12:51 PM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I don't think you can buy the G9 clutch anymore it has been replaced by the newer one the G16 model with rollers, and guessing that will be replaced with a team clutch or something at some point but they had issues with those. Some places sell the yamaha some sell the comet some sell a comet copy so I can't tell you what you are getting. Pretty much only replacement cart clutches have the pulley on the side and 30mm taper, I don't know of any other brands that make them other than stock/comet/copies.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:34 AM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
I don't think you can buy the G9 clutch anymore it has been replaced by the newer one the G16 model with rollers, and guessing that will be replaced with a team clutch or something at some point but they had issues with those. Some places sell the yamaha some sell the comet some sell a comet copy so I can't tell you what you are getting. Pretty much only replacement cart clutches have the pulley on the side and 30mm taper, I don't know of any other brands that make them other than stock/comet/copies.
They have went full circle, new carts are back to a clutch that looks just like the G2/9 clutch. But be warned, it's spacing appears to be different. I will have to look into that more
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:10 PM   #9
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Thanks again for the great info Cgtech! If they would have put bushings in the alum arm, or larger pin/surface so it didn't wear out...that clutch would have lasted a really long time. As is they last for 20yr or something.

If this is what you mean.....When I put the ezgo clutch (94c replacement) on my clone (to replace the stock G9 clutch) the taper was further inside the clutch. The yamaha G9 the taper sticks out because the crank is very short, the ezgo clutch would hit the block. Of course on the clone the crank has a shoulder, and even though I cut it short as I could that shoulder is at least half inch of crank sticking out you can't use behind the adapter. So I had to move the engine closer to the CVT for the 94c, which was so much fun to do, but nice in a way because the clone was almost touching the fuel tank with its recoil and I gained some clearance there. They call it taper offset but I don't know how they measure it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha