lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2019, 09:13 PM   #11
Yofrankie
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1976 Harley very little power

Ok I have the same manual. I def I stalled it correctly. What other players are ther for loss of compression?
Yofrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2019, 11:16 AM   #12
Adam5187
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Did you check your ring end gap before assembling. My new topend came with piston and there was no ring gap. I filed my rings for .014. With the plug out does the engine turn over fast. I would take the exhaust off and take a good look at the piston and rings.
Adam5187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 07:19 AM   #13
Lochlin
Gone Wild

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/colum...63_1980_GS.pdf

Here you go. Sorry about the delay. I have to travel internationally or work every now and then and I was oversees the last few days.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 03:45 PM   #14
Yofrankie
Not Yet Wild

I am wondering if I am looking in the wrong place. Do you think it might be the regulator or generator? I have pretty close to 90 compression. I torqued the head bolts down tighter. The thing rips seemingly in both directions when it’s not under load meaning on the stand right at off the ground. Took the secondary clutch off seemed good and refilled it with oil.
Old 09-12-2019, 09:15 AM   #15
Lochlin
Gone Wild

The regulator and generator are not in play at all. The generator only starts the cart and produces electricity after the cart is running. The regulator chokes down that electricity so it doesn't harm the rest of the cart. Neither will have any affect on power.

As you are confident that your clutches are ok then the next suspected place is fuel delivery. When a cart is under load it requires more fuel to get and maintain power than when it isn't (obviously).

Check out this thread for fuel draw issues:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-h...fuel-draw.html
Old 09-12-2019, 06:24 PM   #16
Yofrankie
Not Yet Wild

Not sure on the clutches or what to check. Update back together and it absolutely rips in reverse and little to nothing forward.. What are recommendations for what to
Do or check on clutches?
Old 09-12-2019, 06:54 PM   #17
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

That sounds like a timing issue.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 07:41 PM   #18
RedneckBuckeyeCarting
Not Yet Wild

My ez go is doing the exact same thing . I was running strong around my yard at 9 mph or so (not full speed) and it seemed to bog down all the way until it turned off with full throttle . I smelled gas and thought it was flooded . I turned it off , took out the spark plug , and got the gas out . I then got it started and at full throttle will do 1-2 mph in forward, not revving hardly at all and sounds like it’s struggling to start, and in reverse will do a lot faster but still sounds a bit hesitant to start .... any ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RedneckBuckeyeCarting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 08:54 AM   #19
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
That sounds like a timing issue.
Yeah, if that thing is flying in reverse then a fuel issue / clutch issue is off the table.

Timing these carts with points is tedious to the point of maddening. You may want to keep tinkering with the forward timing to see if things improve. Point gap is critical as well.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:54 AM   #20
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckBuckeyeCarting View Post
My ez go is doing the exact same thing . I was running strong around my yard at 9 mph or so (not full speed) and it seemed to bog down all the way until it turned off with full throttle . I smelled gas and thought it was flooded . I turned it off , took out the spark plug , and got the gas out . I then got it started and at full throttle will do 1-2 mph in forward, not revving hardly at all and sounds like it’s struggling to start, and in reverse will do a lot faster but still sounds a bit hesitant to start .... any ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You may want to post this in the gas EZ-Go section? I am not sure what type of ignition system those carts have.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson