lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2020, 07:30 AM   #11
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Gx390 exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by bswisher View Post
I just put a stock gx390 in my hyundai cart and left the stock honda muffler on it.. Way quieter than the 420 clone I had in it before. Going down the road I can hear the tires more than the exhaust.
Good point. The stock mufflers from the clones and/or small engine are definitely quiet. The problem is that they are also restrictive. If you are not trying to get max power/speed then those mufflers are absolutely fine.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2020, 12:10 PM   #12
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Good point. The stock mufflers from the clones and/or small engine are definitely quiet. The problem is that they are also restrictive. If you are not trying to get max power/speed then those mufflers are absolutely fine.
I agree with Slo, The stock muffler is perfect for a governed 3600 rpm engine.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 05:43 PM   #13
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

It also helps to run a tail pipe with any car muffler, which is hard to fit with a big car muffler. Mine is a quietflow and its quieter than a big single lawn mower but louder than a stock cart. I like it but if I had time I'd make a tailpipe and a valve to bypass it, I would only use it at night around houses etc.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tech
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!