lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2019, 08:11 PM   #1
Edriedger
Not Yet Wild

Default 1993 Par Car no power

I have a 93 par car that I took in for new batteries and the guy switched the 6 6v batteries to (3) 12v batteries claiming 36v was 36v. It ran for about 10 minutes then stopped and had never run again... I took it back to him and he claims that this piece is not working (photos). The battery charger won’t even come on to charge it, and it was tested and appears to be working fine. He has had the cart for 1 year and claims to not be able to find this part, I’m not even sure that’s what’s wrong with it as this guy is not a golf cart guy.

Can anyone tell me where to even start with this? I’m assuming, and being told that he was totally wrong putting the 12v in there and I don’t have any Par Car dealer within 200 miles of me. Any help would be appreciate, I have to pick this cart up on Monday and I’d sure like to get it going again
Edriedger is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2019, 10:18 AM   #2
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: 1993 Par Car no power

It’s a discontinued part. The battery type really doesn't matter to the cart, going from 6-6v to 3-12v would only affect your range. I think of this as when you have an older car and replace one worn out part it gives new life to the cart and the other older parts then can’t keep up.

Depending on the overall condition of your vehicle you might consider a full upgrade to a current format of drive train and electronics, but would warn you that often times its cheaper to just purchase a newer used vehicle.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 06:44 PM   #3
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1993 Par Car no power

I cant believe that someone would put 3 12 volts in a cart and call it good
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar