lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2020, 09:28 PM   #1
LPnTX
Gone Wild

Default 2007 G29 left me stranded. What could it be?

My 07 G29 left me stranded on the course Friday. It has a Alltrax 300 amp controller and D&D motor that I put in about three months ago. Cart had been running fine and when I hit the pedal, it lunged and died. The solenoid is clicking when I push the pedal and controller light shows green. It tries to move and you can feel it trying to move forward. No grinding noise from the motor or rear end.

Do you think its the motor? A buddy pushed me home and there was no issues with noise coming from the rear end.
LPnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2020, 09:12 AM   #2
wjrich100
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2007 G29 left me stranded. What could it be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPnTX View Post
My 07 G29 left me stranded on the course Friday. It has a Alltrax 300 amp controller and D&D motor that I put in about three months ago. Cart had been running fine and when I hit the pedal, it lunged and died. The solenoid is clicking when I push the pedal and controller light shows green. It tries to move and you can feel it trying to move forward. No grinding noise from the motor or rear end.

Do you think its the motor? A buddy pushed me home and there was no issues with noise coming from the rear end.
Interested in your outcome- just ordered a riot kit for my cart; haven't yet received it.
wjrich100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 09:28 AM   #3
Olddog72
Gone Wild

Have you checked bat voltage?
Olddog72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 11:06 AM   #4
Forklift
Not Yet Wild

Ive seen Low water in the batteries do this or crummy connections.
What have you seen and or checked? Always check the easy stuff first...
Forklift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 12:58 PM   #5
Craeshe
Getting Wild

You have an Alltrax Controller....Plug that bad boy in to your computer and see what errors, if any you have from the controller.
Craeshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 09:59 AM   #6
LPnTX
Gone Wild

The controller had a constant green light. I plugged the controller to my laptop and had Alltrax Tech Support on the phone. Battery voltage was 49.5 and when I pushed the pedal down it dropped down to 36-44V. Alltrax said I had a bad solenoid. D&D sent me a new solenoid and I replaced it last night and cart is still doing the same thing and just trying to move.

I'm stumped. Any other things I could check? It has the white tag axle but there was no grinding noise
Old 03-06-2020, 10:37 AM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Clip your meter leads directly to battery pack B+ & B-, does the voltage still drop?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 08:40 AM   #8
LPnTX
Gone Wild

I hooked up the controller to my laptop and had Will from Alltrax on the phone with me. Even though there were no error codes and the light was solid green, he had me go through multiple tests and determined the controller is bad. They're sending me a new one under warranty and will hook it up next week. Hopefully, this gets it running again.
Old 04-07-2020, 10:22 AM   #9
LPnTX
Gone Wild

Well I can't thank Don Plowman at Plowman's Carts and Will Hopper at Alltrax enough for their time helping me. Come to find out, the controller was not bad and the problem was the fuse between the solenoid and positive side of the power pack. The fuse showed no damage and their was no break in it. However, Don said these will go bad without a visible break in them. It was allowing intermittent current through it and this was making the cart shudder.

After removing the fuse and direct wiring to to battery pack, the cart ran fine. I'll be putting another fuse on it today.

Amazing how a simple fuse can cause so much trouble.
Old 04-07-2020, 11:50 AM   #10
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I've seen that alot on the curtis controllers with fuse mounted directly on top. Fuse is bound between 2 stationary bolts, with no allowance for expansion/contraction from heating & cooling.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha