lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2020, 07:45 PM   #1
gardnerky
Not Yet Wild

Default More speed

How many RPM are you getting your motors to spin. Alltrax 500 xct. I have it set to max (8000) and I am only seeing 4400 rpm, 22-23 mph 23” tires. Speed sensor is set to 8 pole for the factory magnet. Using the universal field map as it’ll let me spin it higher rpm vs the IQ v4 one that was in it originally. It also bogs down like stock up hill.
gardnerky is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2020, 11:28 AM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: More speed

Most motors are good to spin up to around 6,000 rpm. If you get near 8,000 you'll run the risk of exploding your motor. Unless you have an aftermarket motor specifically made to handle higher RPM.

I set my max RPM to 5,600 and I get 5,600 rpm.

With the wrong field map you run some risks, I thought there was a risk of overheating the motor, but can't remember. JohnnieB would know.

Are you running Lithium or lead acid? What PSI are your tires set to? Is the alignment good on the front? Are the brakes dragging?

A good place to start is put the cart on flat, level ground and turn the run/tow switch to tow and give it a push. Is it hard to push? You may have an issue like dragging brakes or something.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 10:29 AM   #3
gardnerky
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
Most motors are good to spin up to around 6,000 rpm. If you get near 8,000 you'll run the risk of exploding your motor. Unless you have an aftermarket motor specifically made to handle higher RPM.

I set my max RPM to 5,600 and I get 5,600 rpm.

With the wrong field map you run some risks, I thought there was a risk of overheating the motor, but can't remember. JohnnieB would know.

Are you running Lithium or lead acid? What PSI are your tires set to? Is the alignment good on the front? Are the brakes dragging?

A good place to start is put the cart on flat, level ground and turn the run/tow switch to tow and give it a push. Is it hard to push? You may have an issue like dragging brakes or something.
It’s a 2012 precedent, stock motor, HD solenoid, 2GA wires. I set it at 6k and couldn’t get it over 4000k, set it to 8k to see if it went higher it didn’t with the IQ v4 map. Swapped to the unimap, saw 4000-4300. Alltrax said it’s for 3 different club car motors or something like that. So the unimap is getting me the most speed vs the map specifically for my cart. Using lead acid battery’s. Full charged 52v, doesn’t drop much when driving. Brakes aren’t dragging, it’s an easy push. Tires at 25psi. Alignment Toe is straight, could use some camber adjustment. I have a 2005 precedent all stock with 18.5” tires and speed 5 programmer. They both run about the same top speed, the bigger tire one may be 1-2 mph slower even, they both bog down to about 9 mph up hills, the only benefit I’ve seen from the alltrax controller is the initial take off torque to the tune of $800 for the kit, vs speed 5 programmer for $120. I Bought the lifted one second hand, dude lived in the mountains and I assume he was trying to climb hills with it as he said he’s just gonna buy a sidexside cause the golf cart won’t do what he wants. Could he of burnt up the brushes in the motor trying to climb hills? I might swap the motor out from the non lifted cart for an experiment to see if I get better off performance in the lifted one.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:43 PM   #4
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The faster the motor spins the fewer amps it can consume. So if you have a 500 amp DC controller it will benefit you a lot over a 300 amp DC controller for the first 10mph (give or take).

I am not overly familiar with anything in the CC lineup, but it could be that you may be at the limit of the stock CC motor??? Hopefully one of the CC guys will reply and give you their thoughts.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 09:31 AM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The bigger tires are the issue, the stock motor does not have the HP to keep the cart rolling at higher rpms, the torque is only increased at low rpms.

As far as I know neither of those field maps are correct for the stock ADC motor, the IQ is for the old GE motors and the Unimap is just too generic.

You need to use the 'EJ4-4001-V9' (unless Alltrax has a new version of this map).
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 03:04 AM   #6
gardnerky
Not Yet Wild

Would you happen to have that map?
Old 04-06-2020, 10:33 AM   #7
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here is the Field Map I am using:
Alltrax EJ4-4001-V9 Field Map
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 11:48 AM   #8
gardnerky
Not Yet Wild

Thank you so much! Installed this map and now my cart easily hits 27-28 on flat and will kiss 29 mph on a fresh charge. Losing minimal speed up hills now. I’m satisfied with the purchase now lol
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!