lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #1
fire4034
Not Yet Wild

Default What System Does this Cart Have Please?

I am looking at this cart tomorrow morning. It is going to be 600.00 as you see it. I am going to use it as a project cart to use at the campground. I tried the resources here to figure out PDS vs Series etc....but this cart is a 2000 and seems to be oddball from what I read. If you look at the link you can see pics. It does have a toggle switch that says F and T on the controller box but it also has the forward/reverse switch by leg under seat which is a contradiction. So if you guys could give me a heads up on what system it has and pros. / cons. to the system it is. Also feel free to comment on what I am getting for the price? Also includes a used body (Not shown) that is in fine condition to replace the one that is in pics.

http://www.franklipski.com/2012/10/2...ntial-project/

Thanks in advance for any info. I am on a time crunch to get this purchase done.

Frank
fire4034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-25-2012, 09:00 PM   #2
macrain13
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm guessing it is a DCS cart. The back of the F/R lever will have a silver, hockey puck looking piece in the middle with a small microswitch on the left and another on the right of that hockey puck looking piece. I couldnt see the back of the F/R in the pictures. Mine is a 99 DCS and I really like it. Hit me up if you need used parts, I have a parts DCS cart with most parts still on it.
macrain13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:02 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What System Does this Cart Have Please?

use this chart
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo-guide-#2.jpg (139.0 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:06 PM   #4
macrain13
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351216967.701325.jpg

This image explains the differences. See the DCS and how the rear of the F/R looks and the micros on each side.

I could be wrong there were some differences around 2000-2001. Maybe the early PDS's had F/R lever instead of toggle. I'm not sure. Someone smarter than me will reply soon. I'm still fairly new at the cart world.

Good luck with whatever you get. You will enjoy the your future project.
macrain13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:07 PM   #5
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Since I can't see the controller under it's cover, and I can't see the F/R mechanism clearly in the picture, I'm gonna go with the only real clue I have. In this pic there is a gold decal under the charging port, and I will bet it says Precision Drive System. I have seen a few decals like that before. The first PDS carts were manufactured using DCS hardware for F/R switches, making them truely ******* carts. Nothing wrong with this setup as far as I remember.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo2.jpg (61.8 KB, 0 views)
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:14 PM   #6
fire4034
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys for replies. So it seems there was a line above the chart that says "this does not apply for model year 2000" So it seems like I have the magic in between models cart.

So my next question is does it matter either way for the cart? As far as I should stay away from it if ........... And any comment as to price for what I am getting?

Thanks, Frank
Old 10-25-2012, 10:01 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I have always been told to stay away from a year 2000 pds. It was a one year nightmare that was replaced the following year.

CC made theirs too...... right about the same time. The 98 Regen I was another cart to stay clear of.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:53 AM   #8
fire4034
Not Yet Wild

I must have bad luck, the cart i found last week was a CC 1998 with the regen system too. Thanks to you guys I avoided that. Looks like I will do the same here. So if I am looking for ezgo... in your opinion should i look for pre 2000 DCS cart or 2001 and up to get the PDS?

Thanks, Frank
Old 10-26-2012, 08:47 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire4034 View Post
I must have bad luck, the cart i found last week was a CC 1998 with the regen system too. Thanks to you guys I avoided that. Looks like I will do the same here. So if I am looking for ezgo... in your opinion should i look for pre 2000 DCS cart or 2001 and up to get the PDS?

Thanks, Frank
Both are good carts. The PDS is more modern and popular. The Stock DCS controller had a flaw but it's a good off road cart with the aftermarket control and makes more torque than a PDS. PDS makes more speed. Hope this helps.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO