lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2020, 12:34 PM   #1401
Mduvall219
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Programming Curtis Controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Go look back in this post page 97 #965
thank you
Mduvall219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2020, 10:38 AM   #1402
Mduvall219
Not Yet Wild

hopefully this is the last time i have to ask questions on this. when i open the software it opens in factory mode, but when i hook up to the controller it doesn't read it. My cable has lights and the txd and rxd blink like it wants to work but it doesn't connect to controller. i have read every thread and many off threads trying not to ask for help but what should i doublecheck? i have a 1206hb5201 controller. lights wouldn't blink with inverted signals checked so i unchecked them. Bob you posted a file "Here is the OEM data to program into an FTDI interface EEPROM:" how do i program that into the eeprom? below is a screenshot of my device settings. does anything look incorrect? i am using software 4402. im editing this and hope when i get home my bonehead move is reason it is not connecting. as i read more on this forum i realize i had the charger plugged in. i hope that is the reason it woudn't connect
Old 01-28-2020, 10:46 AM   #1403
Mduvall219
Not Yet Wild

sorry its fixed. i had bonehead moment and had charger plugged in while attempting to contact controlller
Old 02-03-2020, 02:24 PM   #1404
Rodge427
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Long time thread lurker. Finally have an RXV and have a working cable and software setup. Currently able to communicate with my controller live at factory access level. Would anyone be willing to DM me with a quick how to or tip on getting to developer level? Hoping to turn up the max speed in profile 5.
Rodge427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 06:32 AM   #1405
Andy Scott
Not Yet Wild

Hi All, I am a new Australian member who joined as I have repaired a few electric golf carts that use Curtis controllers and seek or provide information from time to time. So far the main carts have been im-4 models that use Curtis 1227-3402 controllers and others that use the 1228 controllers. I used to borrow an older Curtis programmer from a mate who has a golf cart business supplying Golf Courses. I decided to purchase my own Curtis 1313-4401 OEM version programmer at great expense as it is a benefit to have it on hand.
These programmers are made in China and I suppose a group could purchase one and share it? it comes with cabling for either CANbus or Serial protocols which suits me as I have a Mac. I have a question for anyone who has had experience repairing the 1227 as there are no circuit diagrams of the unit to be had. I have removed all the covers and seek any voltage touch points for the 1227 that could be useful to know.
Andy Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 04:28 PM   #1406
majerus1223
Not Yet Wild

Went thru a lot of these posts and am a bit lost. I made a stright thru cable for a curtis 1228, however it doesnt seem to work. I have the software to program the controller but being held up by the cable.

Anyone have a link to where I can buy one other then the really expensive official one? This is for a project I built so trying to not spend a ton more money :)
majerus1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 06:46 PM   #1407
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

You can probably buy an OEM clone from fleabay but not sure if it will talk to a 1228. What cable did you buy?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 07:17 PM   #1408
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
You can probably buy an OEM clone from fleabay but not sure if it will talk to a 1228. What cable did you buy?
Prior to the new year, I bought several of the OEM "Curtis" 1309 interface cables from China sellers to test. I've tested them while I was out on programming trips. Some work and some do not. Price had absolutely nothing to do with whether a cable worked or not. It was which source factory in China made them. Some were programmed with real Curtis firmware that is current and works with the latest Curtis controllers, some were programmed with older firmware that only works with older controllers that do not support the latest comms protocol. None of the homebrew or hacked cables will talk to the newest controllers either.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 07:47 PM   #1409
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

What he said
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 08:41 PM   #1410
majerus1223
Not Yet Wild

I tried to make the cable, good to know that that will not work anylonger. Bob could you point me to a cable that worked? Looking on ebay, and aliexpress i only see multi hundred dollar cables :(
majerus1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts