lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2009, 08:37 PM   #11
dmikey20
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Newbie with 84 club car wiring problem

i have it hooked up the way the diagram hows and i'm still not getting anything through the petal limit switches. i tried using the diagram you have but yours shows 5 pedal limit switches and my setup is only 4 petal limits'
dmikey20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2009, 08:45 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I don't follow you, there are 5 solenoids and each one has it's own limit switch?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 09:42 PM   #13
dmikey20
Not Yet Wild

yes on my cart there are 5 solenoids. the resitor coils are hooked to 1 to 4. Number 5 is open. I have 4 limit switches for the petal. they come down and hook to solenoids 1 to 4. I'm havin a hard time really telling how my solenoids should be hooked up cant really see in the picture. I assume that my number 5 is where i hook my negative side up of the battery. of of that i would think it would jumper to the other 4 to engage the limit switches when i press the pedal... Another question is that in the diagram that i posted it looks like there is a buss bar that connects to the front side of the 5 solenoids to connect them. is this the case? sorry if im confusing you but i'm pulling my hair out trying to check every wire to make sure its hooked up right to no avail.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:18 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The solenoid closest to the driver's side is the master. It closes first, it feeds the rest of the solenoids....
Honestly the 2 diagrams are the same...... one is just easier to read. CC made the same 5 solenoid carts from the late 70s until the late 80s.... so if you are having trouble with one diagram take a look at the other?
Old 07-25-2009, 11:47 PM   #15
dmikey20
Not Yet Wild

i'm looking at both now. i made up a temp. jumper for the front side to act as a bus bar. and got everything hooked up the way the diagram shows. i checked the top side of the solenoids i'm getting 18 volts on 1-4 but 5 nothing. on the front of all 5 i'm getting 3 volts. thanks for all your help so far i really do appreciate it
Old 07-26-2009, 02:13 PM   #16
dmikey20
Not Yet Wild

ok i hit it with a clear head today. i went through and checked my voltage on everything. when i activate the micro switches they show 36 volts on the switches and solenoids. i get 36 volts on both wires of the f/r micro switch. i get 36 volts on the top of all the solenoids except the master
Old 07-26-2009, 02:44 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmikey20 View Post
ok i hit it with a clear head today. i went through and checked my voltage on everything. when i activate the micro switches they show 36 volts on the switches and solenoids. i get 36 volts on both wires of the f/r micro switch. i get 36 volts on the top of all the solenoids except the master
BINGO! ( only if your #5 and my #1 are the same ie; solenoid closest to the driver's side).......
That is it, the master is suppose to activate first. Check to see if you have 36v pos & neg at the small posts with the key on and peddle depressed slightly? If so then the solenoid is bad.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:51 PM   #18
dmikey20
Not Yet Wild

on my solenoid closets to the driver side i have get a reading of like 4 volts then once the key is on and pedal is depressed it get 36 volts on both sides..i thought maybe i had a bad solenoid so i switched them around and i get the same thing.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:05 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I have done what you are doing and got pretty confused with all of the graduated voltages accross the solenoid activation bank ??? Lets do the dummy test

With the cart on jacks or blocks so the rear wheels are off the ground.
With the battery pack at or above 36 volts. Seat bottom removed.
Key on. Direction selector in forward.
Slowly depress the accelerator. Listen and count solenoid clicks. If you are not sure if you are hearing micro-switch or solenoid clicks, place your hand on the solenoid and feel it click..
Remember the master solenoid MUST click first....
If not......Check to see if you have 36v pos & neg at the small posts with the key on and peddle depressed slightly? If so then the solenoid is bad.
What happens when you do this? The cart should have run.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:15 PM   #20
dmikey20
Not Yet Wild

ok i'm gonna rephrase this because i think with all the questions i have you confused... The cart does not move forward or reverse. i guess the only reason that was happening was that i was jumping the armature. i was coming off the negative post and went straight to #1 and so on......With the cart hooked up right now it will not go forward or reverse. my master solenoid is not getting any voltage on the top post. I am however getting 36 volts to the side posts on every solenoid. I am getting 36 volts when i activate the micro switches in the petal. i got 36 volts at the f/r micro... when i connect the negative post battery to the master the battery reads 0 volts as well as the master. i am using the diagram i posted. i tried using the diagram you have posted but yours shows 5 micro switches for the petal and i only have 4 and only holds 4
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car