lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2020, 09:44 PM   #1
Dugey
Not Yet Wild

Cool Help me decide which Golft Cart to get!

I have been trying to find a 48v cart for a little over a month now, but am getting really serious about purchasing one. I want to make sure that I get something that will last me a long time and be reliable, hence the reason why Club Car is my #1 choice.

We live on 2 acres in southwest Florida, and have about 100 acres of property behind our house that is loaded with trails. Mostly all flat, hard-packed dirt with some spots that are sandy and areas with roots. I am looking to spend no more than $4,500 and want to make sure I get a 48v with the 6 8 volt batteries, preferably a lift kit and offroad tires, but I can do that myself if I come accross a stock cart.

Anyways, I came across this Yamaha today, and just for sh!ts and giggles, offered them $4,000 and they said they would take it after several more negotiations/haggaling. They were asking $5,500. Batteries are 2 years old, but they say they have kept up with them. Older couple that own it, that use it for just cruising around their neighborhood and to keep with their RV.

Their listing description is this:

"2011 Yamaha 48 V electric golf cart with lift kit
Very good condition"

Basically my question is, should I pull the trigger on this Yamaha assuming that everything looks and feels good, or should I wait it out for a Club Car?

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yamaha 1.jpg (77.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg yamaha 2.jpg (100.0 KB, 0 views)
Dugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2020, 08:51 AM   #2
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Help me decide which Golft Cart to get!

I dont know anything about Yamaha golf carts, good luck with boat motors though. I would see if the frames are steel or not since your in FL. Im on the east coast near Cocoa Beach and when I was looking I found some good deals on EzGo's but the rust on the frames were considerable. My 89 club car frame looks good for being 30 years old.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 09:32 AM   #3
Dragracer_Art
Gone Wild

Club Car

In my humble opinion... the biggest and best selling point on a Club Car is it's aluminum frame.

It's lighter than steel and will never rust.

Hard to argue with that.
Dragracer_Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 10:01 AM   #4
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

to BGW

I don't know much about the Yamaha carts either, but I know they're decent. That looks to be a 'Drive' in excellent condition, but it really depends on what's 'under the hood'. Do you know if it has an upgraded motor, controller, and cables?
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 11:34 AM   #5
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Yamaha is a good cart for what I read and would be my 2nd choice to a CC . if they never changed out the controller then it will be weak on the torque with the lift and tires .
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 12:12 PM   #6
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Check the age of the batteries.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car